Recent content by bleedingfingers

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. bleedingfingers

SWB0 1948 Triumph

Put it in a vise heat it with a torch and bend it back . Or take it to a bike shop there is probably a Park tool to fix that exact problem .
  2. bleedingfingers

Couples Raleigh

Nice had a pair a couple of years ago 1970's English made cleaned up tuned up put new tires on one and sold them . Great bikes just did not need them .
  3. bleedingfingers

The Rustacean

Not a faux patina fan or reliced guitar fan but I like this bike tastefully done one of the best ones I've seen .
  4. bleedingfingers

Pure class swear this thing doesn't want me to finish

When I redid my Royal Flyer I painted it silver and immediately painted over it great primer . Gun Metal looks much nicer on yours
  5. bleedingfingers

Hey skip tooth fans...

Stay away from skip tooth if you can way easier and cheaper to use regular chains and sprockets . Especially if you are going to ride it and put some miles on it. Regular chain you can find anywhere for almost nothing good skiptooth roller chain is going to run you $50.00 and up for anything...
  6. bleedingfingers

Saddle repair

5 Minute epoxy mix a little black paint into it . Put some masking tape around the crack as close as you can get so that only the crack is showing . Apply epoxy and push it into the crack with your fingers make it as smooth as possible .
  7. bleedingfingers

What are these Brake Levers from does anyone know?

Have never seen a pair like that but the regular ones where on lots of old mountain bikes . I have them on a couple of my bikes that have drum brakes work great for that .
  8. bleedingfingers

The next build off? Plans for the future

I have been looking for a long time for a Flyte or even the frame . Would like the tall frame even though the regular size looks cooler . But the prices have really been driven up in the last few years even the really rough ones are expensive . Buddy of mine has a real nice one complete with...
  9. bleedingfingers

Which bike to buy?

Definitely Trek then change out the bars .
  10. bleedingfingers

What Clear coat to use with new paint job?

If its Engine paint I wouldn't clear it I don't even think I'd prime it . Pretty rugged stuff already . But if you are going to use decals they should be covered with something .
  11. bleedingfingers

Internally geared hubs

The Sachs 2 speed torpedo hub will take any 3 nub sprocket Sturmey Shimano etc and you can buy custom made skip tooth sprockets as well . I have a 20 tooth Shimano on mine I think it came with an 18 made out of heavier steel.
  12. bleedingfingers

29'er Electra build.

Start polishing :D
  13. bleedingfingers

Internally geared hubs

Sachs Torpedo hub is my favourite and have owned the SA two speed as well. The SA was a little stiff and upon inspection the bearings had almost no grease from the factory worked fine after grease was applied but not as nice as rebuilt Sachs from the 1960s .
  14. bleedingfingers

Royal Flyer

Got the finishing touch today head badge
  15. bleedingfingers

Shifter swap help

I know the one Horsefarmer was showing will work and will attach to the handlebar stem . I did it on old contest bike .
Back