Recent content by Cantilevers and Crossbars

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Cantilevers and Crossbars

A little indentification help

Can anyone help indentify this hub? Thanks much!
  2. Cantilevers and Crossbars

"For Ape Hangers Only" Club

I had too much time on my hands! Clowing Around_zpsqwj73mul.mp4.html
  3. Cantilevers and Crossbars

A shifty question

[/URL I have this Shimano 3 speed hub and the original shifter. My question, is there an aftermarket shifter that will work with this hub? Thanks for any help or advice.
  4. Cantilevers and Crossbars

Hey guy's I need a little help.

I believe this to be a J.C.Higgins or Elgin but I need a positive ID. Any other details I can get (year ,model) etc. would be a bonus. Please private message or text me at (602)-829-7108 me with any details you all may have. I'm looking to buy it and also would like to know its approximate...
  5. Cantilevers and Crossbars

Elgin front fender questions.

Yes, I do have the big hole in the fender. It also has the smaller ones to the side of the large one. Whoever had the bike before me put the fender under the fork, causing the tire to rub.
  6. Cantilevers and Crossbars

All the holes in the fender and the fork match up leading me to believe this one mounts on top of the fork. Thanks for the help.
  7. Cantilevers and Crossbars

Crassly, there are holes in the fork crown as you described. Including the fork hole. Now its time to move forward. Thank you.
  8. Cantilevers and Crossbars

I have what I believe to be a '40 ladies Elgin. My question is, what is the proper mounting position of the front fender? When I got the bike the fender was mounted under the fork. Causing the tire to rub with the substandard mount that was employed. However, I have seen many other Elgin's...
  9. Cantilevers and Crossbars

FAT TIRE BIKES

I don't recall the brand. They were found at my local bike shop. They have dual LEDS powered by a 9 volt battery.
  10. Cantilevers and Crossbars

FAT TIRE BIKES

Yes you can.
  11. Cantilevers and Crossbars

FAT TIRE BIKES

Not a custom build, nor the fattest tire [/URL[/URL
  12. Cantilevers and Crossbars

Schwinn bikes ( post pics here )

My '65 Schwinn Coppertone!
  13. Cantilevers and Crossbars

Tricycle information

Thank You.
  14. Cantilevers and Crossbars

Stem,

Thinking about using this one on a project. 1 inch threadless with 7/8" bars.
  15. Cantilevers and Crossbars

Giant West Coast Simple

Thanks for the reply. Making up my mind on the stance is the hardest part. I'm leaning towards leaving the fork very close to it's current length, adding a mid rise custom set of bars. Another bonus to the simple is the weight of the frame, very light!
Back