Recent content by Bicycle808

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Bicycle808

Coaster brake questions

:rockout::rockout::rockout:
  2. Bicycle808

Vintage Hawthorne Rat Rod Klunker

Brooks is optional, but the one it´s got on there now has got to go!
  3. Bicycle808

Vintage Hawthorne Rat Rod Klunker

Welcome to RRB, @Sirrey ! Your bike is rad. Well, yeah.... that, plus some knobbies, and a trail-ready gear ratio, sure. :grin:
  4. Bicycle808

Nishiki banana seat 3 speed

Nishiki was just a brand name for imported bikes distributed by West Coast Cycle in the US. Most of the early bikes were made by Kawamura, and later bikes were made by Giant-- but other firms provided bikes for WCC as well. If yours has a ¨Made in Japan¨ sticker on it and the first letter in...
  5. Bicycle808

Saddle suggestion?

AFAIK, Gyes makes the saddles for Cardiff and Velo-Orange. I agree, the leather is harder than Brooks, and it definitely has the weird fabric-ky stuff on the underside. I guess the pros are, it´s more weatherproof than Brooks and they don´t have the same break-in period. The cons are, they...
  6. Bicycle808

Saddle suggestion?

Get a Brooks; pick your flavor. Knock-offs by Gyes are half-decent, too. This might be a good time to ask yourself, ¨do i really need springs?¨ B/c, for me personally, I much prefer the unsprung saddles. Where do y´all get Lepper saddles from? Every time i see them offered online, they´re...
  7. Bicycle808

Help with Tire Choices.............. Klunker Style

Dang, the Kenda Smoke/Dart knockoffs really came up in price. I´m pretty sure i got mine for less thn $15/each a few years back. Like, $12 and some chance... Good tires but, like so many tires these days, they come in noticeably narrower than the 2.1¨ on the label....
  8. Bicycle808

Help with Tire Choices.............. Klunker Style

Kenda makes $12/each knock offs of the Smoke/Dart combo. Same year pattern, budget casing. Seen smaller than I remember the originals. .Pana was offering them again a few years back (not sure if they still do), but they were pretty dang pricey, as I recall... But that was definitely a classic...
  9. Bicycle808

Fabricating girder forks - help sourcing tapered tube?

Easiest move would be to look at round tapered fork blades. Chain and seat stays might work, but they will tend to be smaller diameter and thinner walled than fork blades. I think stronger is better for bike forks whatever the design is, and for a new welder, thicker walls will be more...
  10. Bicycle808

SOLD 1984 LW Star Cruiser 26" BMX Strandie Klunker [[ PARTING OUT ]]

If´n you´re parting it, I´d be interested in forks/stem/bars/crank/front sprocket.....
  11. Bicycle808

Anyone interested in custom S&M Cruiser Bars?

I sent Arnold an email, saying i´d be into buying chromed SAC bars... and also mentioned that if they did a run in gloss or matte black, i´d buy one of those, too.. Just puttin´ that out there...
  12. Bicycle808

Yeah, but there´s 2 different S&M ¨Husky¨ Bars... Of course, i just hunted down the thread with your blue Schwinn, and it seems like you got the 4 speed bar on that bike.... but, looking again, is it possible that they´re just the Husky High MX bar without the crossbar? It just seems...
  13. Bicycle808

I´d be down for those, in chrome, for $60.... They look to be their ¨Husky 4 Speed MX¨ bar, without the crossbar?
Back