Recent content by BartRidesEternal

1. BartRidesEternal

Barts "Eternal" Builds: Klunker update

After finding out that my 24 inch “Staystrong” rims with “Sturmey Archer S1C” hub is not properly laced and nipples start breaking, I decided to buy a second hand 26 inch wheelset. By the way: Does anyone know why the nipples hit the rims holes on the sidewalls? Are these Staystrong rims...
  2. BartRidesEternal

BO15 Emsbroek & Poesse Ratracer (pg5, wooden pedals & testride)

Update It has been extremely busy the past few weeks. Busy with work, setting up a new business. I even had some time off to go on holiday with the family and work on my klunker bike. For the klunker bike fat tire update, see the: builds --> Bart eternal builds thread. For the class 1...
  3. BartRidesEternal

BO15 1963 Schwinn Corvette "The Honey Rolla"

Bummer on the duomatic hub, but the bike really look the part!! If you can't fix the hub: just do not cycle uphill ;)
  4. BartRidesEternal

Crossframe bike & New coasterbrake design (first post = picture & text heavy)

Little update post I finished a complete concept hand drawing/sketch with measurements. With my 'weird/interesting' ideas I found a new type of coasterbrake-braking system, and I think with great cooling capabilities! I can't post a picture here yet, because of a company interested in this...
  5. BartRidesEternal

Crossframe bike & New coasterbrake design (first post = picture & text heavy)

Moleman thanks!! Cup and cone bearings are very good space wise. They do not take much space, whilst being an angular contact bearing. The easiest way to do it (my thoughts) is to take a Shimano CBE110, slap a longer M10x1 CrMo axle on there and add spacers for the 135mm setup. I thought I saw...
  6. BartRidesEternal

BO15 A single wheel trailer called: "Taildragger" - Update: Wings?

Thanks OJ sir! The rims alone are 55 milimeters wide! 26x3.0 Will probably fit, the narrowest spot in the bridge is 75/80mm. So I am going to look for 26x2.4 to 26x2.8. But I do not want to spend 60 bucks on one tire, so it will take some internet time to find these mountainbike tires ;)
  7. BartRidesEternal

This is the bike with the wide steel wheels. Fatter tires needed! :thumbsup: Weird, something went wrong in the previous post, so I had to post the bike pictures here...
  8. BartRidesEternal

That is a good idea! I will certainly check this out, but I am afraid there is not enough wood. I like this idea too! Maybe use some army camo canvas. The colour green will remain in the rear fender so I'll have to work with that. Sweet!!! Enough cool ideas! No updates unfortunately...
  9. BartRidesEternal

@GuitarlCarl I did not try to switch the fender yet, my thoughts were somewhere else: Looking for aircraft stuff could have me ending up broke or irritated :bandit: but the solution and idea was so simple: It was laying in my shed all along! Pictures: Reservoir for tools/flats? I might cut...
  10. BartRidesEternal

Sidetrack Space: Build Off Highlights and Chat.

That a bike and trailer in one! Pickup truck bicycle?
  11. BartRidesEternal

That pretty neat! Dit you consider the derailleur wheels? Or bronze bush bearings? Of Teflon? I do not know what the friction coefficient of ABS is, or will they be rollers? Sorry for all the questions, suddenly I am even more interested in your build :bigsmile:
  12. BartRidesEternal

Wait..... I thought he just layed his chain on his bike (I must admit I did not read all of his plans) Thats just too wood to be true! :rockout:
  13. BartRidesEternal

BO15 Emsbroek & Poesse Ratracer (pg5, wooden pedals & testride)

Thanks for the tip! I will search for it, buy it and use it. Thanks Couch! Mr Kingfish sir, I just got a package: Stickers with a free chain and pedals :rockout: 116 links black half-link chain. Quite hard to find, because most BMX chains are around 100 links... which was too short for me...
  14. BartRidesEternal

Thanks WayOutWheels! The fender is of a "NSU Quickly Luxus". Thanks Verrt! I hoping to! Not much updates at the moment, a shipment for the class 1 Ratracer will be here in a few days. I am looking for aircraft parts for this trailer, but they are extremely expensive and/or hard to find! So...