Recent content by AZ_Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. AZ_Cruiser

1980 Schwinn to BMX

New rims and tires. I had a set of Vans Cult gum/blacks ordered out of Denmark and when they didn't show up, I had UPS do a search for them and apparently they were lost in US Customs. So temporary tires for right now to cruise around until I can find another set, which is apparently not...
  2. AZ_Cruiser

1980 Schwinn to BMX

Thanks for sharing out some knowledge Matti
  3. AZ_Cruiser

1980 Schwinn to BMX

So as not to clutter up the build thread, want to keep this parts question thread separate. Wheels: Front axle is a 3/8", but what about rear? Looking to upgrade wheel set to a modern 26" BMX wheel set, but not sure on that rear axle size and what size rear hub will fit between dropouts...
  4. AZ_Cruiser

1980 Schwinn Cruiser transformation

I am sure they are because the person I got them from was cool as heck in dealing with and much more knowledgeable than myself. I just didn't know where to check for markings. They work for me tho, so that is all I am caring about. LOL!
  5. AZ_Cruiser

1980 Schwinn Cruiser transformation

Hey all, Been here for a bit browsing and gathering information before starting this thread with actual progress. Hope to be getting more done on this in the coming weeks now that I have a bit more time with work schedule changes. So started out with a bone stock 1980 Schwinn Cruiser (CC7-6)...
  6. AZ_Cruiser

What's up from Tucson

Thanks all for the welcomes. I have already reached out to a couple of folks here from Tucson and already working on a deal with one. Right now, my Cruiser is rideable. Hubs and bottom bracket are rough, but it gets me around with my wife on her scooter and my daughter on her BMX. So that...
  7. AZ_Cruiser

What's up from Tucson

I have a matching Ladies Cruiser that I will be building for my wife.
  8. AZ_Cruiser

Too Cold to work on bikes

78 high in Tucson today. Had to pull out the Dickies down jacket. :21:
  9. AZ_Cruiser

My Chrome Cruiser build.

Thanks for the input Duchess. I have been doing some research on them and they seem to be a good deal.
  10. AZ_Cruiser

My Chrome Cruiser build.

Any input on how that Origin-8 headset is working out for you? Trying to find some reviews on the company before I buy anything.
  11. AZ_Cruiser

1980 Schwinn to BMX

Thank you Dixie for the wisdom bomb!!
  12. AZ_Cruiser

1980 Schwinn to BMX

Hey all, New to the board and looking for some help specific to my 1980 Schwinn Cruiser (CC7-6) to BMX/Klunker build. I have found catalogs online, but nothing that give me specific sizes/measurements of things like bottom bracket or forks that I can use. I have built up Jeeps before and...
  13. AZ_Cruiser

What's up from Tucson

Thanks Luke. Have read through a couple of your threads and unbelievable work man!!
  14. AZ_Cruiser

What's up from Tucson

Hey all, Name is Richard and coming in from nice and sunny Tucson, except for last week when it actually snowed here! Grew up riding a BMX bike while my dad was on his Schwinn Cruiser. Now that I am a dad, my daughter is on the mini-BMX and my dad handed over his Cruiser to me now that he...
Back