Recent content by Ajames

1. Ajames

I swear they must have cut a skateboard in two...

I want to learn how to make hubless wheels ;)
  2. Ajames

rat trike build

The lower half looks like a 1973 freedom spirit tryke.
  3. Ajames

I swear they must have cut a skateboard in two...

Why is it most electric vehicle manufacturers design they're products to look as stupid as possible, they literally try to make them look like toys.
  4. Ajames

Trike #3 - evolution

Kewl trikes, I'm into trikes myself, wasn't always like that, till I tried my first ride on a tryke, it was odd at first, now I can now hug a curve when my tryke rides on two wheels, lol, I'm curious, where are you getting those axle covers at.
  5. Ajames

Black Lightning Video

I thought it would be easier to show the build, rather than explain it, check out the last part of the video.
  6. Ajames

Black Lightning

with the rocker problem fixed, now I can move on to creating the flat bed. using 1"x1" angle iron and common wooden stakes, looks pretty kewl to me
  7. Ajames

Black Lightning

cutting the rockers and shaping..
  8. Ajames

Black Lightning

this is the end result of cutting my own rockers for the monarch forks, using 1/8" steel and changing the slot for the axle to fit the hub motor better and keeping the axle in place.
  9. Ajames

Black Lightning

This is the T2 with a heavier duty rockers, stainless steel, but they still put the stupid switch on it, if you notice the slot for the axle is still aimed upward with a bit of a notch for the axle to rest in, the hub motor will not fit in it, all they have to do is aim the slot downward, like...
  10. Ajames

Brat Rod / pedal car build

Awesome job, very cool :)
  11. Ajames

Black Lightning

As you can see it did very little damage to the wiring, but hopefully this one anchor will hold long enough till I can fab a new set of rockers.
  12. Ajames

Black Lightning

As you can see I love trykes, I just finished building this 1949 hd servi-car.
  13. Ajames

Black Lightning

Was gonna do another 25 mile test ride, but barely made it out of the driveway when the hub axle spun on me, rapping the power cord twice around the axle, broke my heart, so back to the drawing board, so i used an old coaster brake anchor, re carved it to fit the hub motor, so I'm hoping this...
  14. Ajames

Father and Son Schwinn Tornado build

I have to agree with your son, the black paint will definitely look better, kewl bike...
  15. Ajames

Black Lightning