Recent content by 75bug

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. 7

help to I.d.

Thanks. No letter prefix. I have no idea if the crank is original. Maybe in the spring with the better weather I will take a look. Thanks again
  2. 7

help to I.d.

Ok. After some sanding of the dropout it still wasn't there. Ending up being on the bottom bracket. Number 17517. Cannot seem to decipher based on what I've found online. Any ideas?
  3. 7

New automatic Schwinn serial number lookup tool

Hi. Can you please help decipher my serial number. It is on the bottom bracket. Number 17517. There is no letter. Here is a pic.
  4. 7

help to I.d.

Thanks. I think I see where it may be now.
  5. 7

help to I.d.

No luck
  6. 7

help to I.d.

Also - where the 2 bars meet the lower bar up front there is a metal bar that goes across (left to right) when sitting on the bike - any idea what that may be for? Never seen anything like that before
  7. 7

help to I.d.

Thanks. No luck yet. Will recheck later. Can you confirm that it is a Schwinn?
  8. 7

help to I.d.

Hi. Can anyone tell me where I can find a serial number. Was told it is a 1950's schwinn. Can anyone help with confirming what model and where to find the s/n. Thanks
  9. 7

removing decals

Hi Just wondering if anyone has any tips for removing decals that have been clear coated? thanks
  10. 7

potential project for next winter

Hi If next winter is as long as this last one has been, I'm going to need something to keep me occupied. Thinking this might be a potential starting point but not sure what I want to do with it. With the exception of the fender skirts which are paper thin, the rest is pretty solid and rides...
  11. 7

help with Hiawatha serial number

thanks however the bike just sold
  12. 7

help with Hiawatha serial number

Hi Hoping someone can help me to determine the year from this Hiawatha serial number There are 2 sets of numbers on the rear dropout seperated by a distinct space. 3.824. 529302 Thanks
  13. 7

where does the time go?

thanks everyone. Really enjoyed the project which brought back a lot of memories of being a kid, tearing bikes apart and putting them back together...although I don't remember changing tires to be such a pain.
  14. 7

where does the time go?

Thanks. Yeah, a previous owner cut it off. The one I got the bike from claimed it wasnt him. Poor thing was painted with latex house paint...which he also claimed to have no part of.
  15. 7

where does the time go?

Havent worked on a bike in about 25 years, so Im quite pleased with how this turned out. Its a 1937 CCM Before After
Back