• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

26" 3-Bar Looptail Frames

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the head badge (8 available) and seat tube (1 available). $12 for the head badge and $7 for the seat tube shipped.

Attachments

• WP_20160605_11_49_08_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160605_11_49_08_Pro.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 334
I'm thinking about using a prismatic/prism sticker as a headbadge, I just can't decide which one yet.

Anyone making progress on their builds or finish up? Mine won't be back from chrome until at least July 15th so I figure the build won't be done until the 20th at the earliest.

I have a weird story behind my frame; i still gotta make my way up to @jamesdart 's place to grab my frame (long story) but i got my buddy Padge's frame in my garage b/c he wants to get his frame powdered at the same time i get mine done, so i've been test-fitting stuff. I got a headset, vintage chrome fork, and a killer 1" fluted gold/silver post with integrated clamp I'm gonna use. I'm not entirely sure what i'm doing with cranks/sprocket/pedals... i have stuff i might use, might not. Sometime this week, i'm getting some gold ano Sturmey hubs. I have to decide on what rims to use, and lace wheels, gonna run some high-pressure gumwalls, so probably modern rims. Still deciding on bars.... I'm powdering the frame gloss black, and the colors will be blacks/gold ano/chrome. As usual, i'm taking my time...

^ I haven't started building yet, but I have acquired every part. I picked one of these up for myself, and one for a friend, and we are currently in a build off. So, I'm not sharing too much of what my vision is as its to be a surprise. I don't know what he has planned either, but I know he's got most of his parts gathered. As soon as we've completed them, I'll share pics of both. They both will be BMX cruisers/strandies though.

I've built more bikes then my friend has, and have a much deeper parts bin. To even the playing field, I didn't use anything I had on hand, and had to search out what I wanted/ had in mind.

I have a weird story behind my frame; i still gotta make my way up to @jamesdart 's place to grab my frame (long story) but i got my buddy Padge's frame in my garage b/c he wants to get his frame powdered at the same time i get mine done, so i've been test-fitting stuff. I got a headset, vintage chrome fork, and a killer 1" fluted gold/silver post with integrated clamp I'm gonna use. I'm not entirely sure what i'm doing with cranks/sprocket/pedals... i have stuff i might use, might not. Sometime this week, i'm getting some gold ano Sturmey hubs. I have to decide on what rims to use, and lace wheels, gonna run some high-pressure gumwalls, so probably modern rims. Still deciding on bars.... I'm powdering the frame gloss black, and the colors will be blacks/gold ano/chrome. As usual, i'm taking my time...

I'm not a gold guy, but this sounds pretty hot.

I'm anxious to get this done. The longer the wait the more I change my mind on a part and pick up something else. My wife is keeping track and wants me to get done. I really like some of the Bullseye pedals but they're so darn expensive. I bought some Gusset Prosecutors with black pedal bodies. I swapped out the black cages for red ones. Much cheaper than the Bullseye pedals.

I have a set of black Redline Device cranks and I'm having some Profile crank arms chromed. I haven't decided which to use yet. I have three different double-clamp stems and will have to decide which one to use. I'm leaning towards my True Torch stem that's powder coated black with red clamps.

Can't wait to see everyone's build.

What bars are these and where can the be purchased? They look awesome!
Hi Deuce,

I don't know what kinda bars they are. I'll look for some stamping when I get back from my trip to Tennessee in a couple of weeks. The guy I bought them from on ebay just listed them as a take off from a new bike that had been on display in a shop in the Midwest.

Here's a link to his ebay store.
http://stores.ebay.com/koslowcycle?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Hey guys, yea my build has stalled also. I have had my wheels laced and are built up, ready to go. I think I have most of my components, just haven't had any time to actually put it together.

I heard someone mention Bullseye round pedals. Bassett is coming out with some round Bullseye style pedals in another week or two and I know Ed at Planet BMX is going to carry them.

Can't wait to start seeing some of the builds as they are completed!

Hi Deuce,

I don't know what kinda bars they are. I'll look for some stamping when I get back from my trip to Tennessee in a couple of weeks. The guy I bought them from on ebay just listed them as a take off from a new bike that had been on display in a shop in the Midwest.

Here's a link to his ebay store.
http://stores.ebay.com/koslowcycle?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Thanks guys!

So, my one buddy built up his frame, with some various BMX parts from his parts bin (his BMX kung fu is strong) and some leftover Worksman stuff (I think i might've givn him the fork? Not sure...) It looks pretty cool; he says he doesn't like the ride but i think i straight-blade fork would greatly improve both the handling and the look of it.
Still, good to see one of these built-up already....

So, my one buddy built up his frame, with some various BMX parts from his parts bin (his BMX kung fu is strong) and some leftover Worksman stuff (I think i might've givn him the fork? Not sure...) It looks pretty cool; he says he doesn't like the ride but i think i straight-blade fork would greatly improve both the handling and the look of it.
Still, good to see one of these built-up already....

Pic isn't working

Latest posts

Back