Bf Goodrich help with year

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up from the local CL for cheap to build a neighborhood cruiser. Looks like someone took this bf Goodrich, repainted it and dressed it up with parts from a newer schwinn. Need some hep figuring out a year for the frame and fork. Thanks!

I'm guessing it's a Schwinn made BF Goodrich. The early 50's that start with an "H" have 6 numerals following, so it's probably a lot earlier than that. Very nice find!

It would make a great klunker!

frame and fork are prewar, chain guard is a prewar aftermarket, not sure about rear fender, stem or wheels. all other stuff is post war (60's?).
Johnny

Frame/fork/badge/stem = nice find!

We don't see many prewar cantilever frames posted!

You've probably already received PMs about selling it.

I don't think you can know exactly what year before 1948, but it should be between '38-'42. Apparently the 'H' prefix may indicate later in that range...

Check this link: http://www.angelfire.com/rant/allday101/IDFACTS.html

Definitely a Schwinn, pre-war, serial number is lost so it's hard to say. Canti-frame, though,means it's a 38 at earliest, like Bendix hinted at

Pre war with high number "H" serial. I'd bet the farm that's a '41. My '41 is # H28926. Pre war cantilever frames only came on deluxe bikes. B607 or B707. Looks like the fork and rods are original to the frame also. I'd guess you could probably get $150 for just the frame. Gary

Or this... What your bike may have looked like when it was new. Gary

092.jpg

After a quick acid dip, found a small crack on the left seat stay that will need some loving but otherwise the frame is in great shape.

Latest posts

Back