Muscle bike?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Not sure if this was a custom or if its something that was actually manufactured. What is it?
eeebaac6623d936db9c54d9422366c67.jpg

Thats only a third of the field! [emoji33] he has 3-4 sheds with higher end bikes and a few vintage cruisers. What he does have a ton of is vintage 80's bmx but idk anything about those so not sure what to even look for. I'll probably be there next tuesday again and take some random pics and see if ya'll recognize anything. Picked up this up while i was there last. Tandem has the seat post broken off in there sooo not sure what to do. Drum brake, not sure of manufacturer and also the fender set that he claims is schwinn but not sure how to tell for sure.
cdfdfab5e0b5970d1b48cb3161f72ee5.jpg
25447cf4da472ac7169c810e7ec072df.jpg
9c859eba9b8632d4dc72fe2bb420229b.jpg

Good luck with the seat post. I have bits of a sissy bar stuck in a dragstripper frame,that's really thin metal and it's not going anywhere.

That's gonna take a long time of soaking in some sort of rust dissolver...Once the rust has left town there should be enough space to allow it to move a bit easier.

I'd try to rig up some sort of plug fro the top , turn it upside down and pour it full of evaporust, oxalic acid solution, molasses mix, or your own favorite brand of rust stuff.

Got it! Took a small chisel and started hammering! A few hours later i got through one of the sides and then the rest of the seat post fell into the frame. The seatpost was so rusted it was like someone had welded it to the frame.
de6ed70fc6c0813a0d86d24505fbd2e8.jpg

Got it! Took a small chisel and started hammering! A few hours later i got through one of the sides and then the rest of the seat post fell into the frame. The seatpost was so rusted it was like someone had welded it to the frame.
de6ed70fc6c0813a0d86d24505fbd2e8.jpg
Great work!

Luke.

Good job on the seatpost. Cheaper than Evaporust too.
As far as those fenders, the braces look like Wald replacements with those oval holes in the ends. If they were round holes and had been factory riveted to the fender I'd say Schwinn is a good guess.

Which model is the tandem? That chainguard has that fin like protrusion at the back like a Stingray based MiniTwinn.. . The wheels and frame look like it is a 26 inch wheeled bike?

dang where is this place located? looks like a goldmine for bikes

Couer d'Alene ID... Unfortunately the man that has been running a repair shop from his garage recently got robbed. They took all his bike tools and he has decided to stop being in the bike business. :(

Latest posts

Back