(MBBO#4 Class 2) Air Force Too. Withdrawn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I'm looking at how to go about cutting the bb off the Dayton frame and I see a sticker.
It has a model number,under that it says HBC 901 pleasant valley drive Springboro Ohio.
Of course I look this up and it says that's where Huffy and DK bicycles are. Learn something new everyday.

I also found while doing a search that RRB member yoothgeye used one of these frame a few years ago to build a bike for his kid.

Anyway this was interesting to me so I thought I'd share.

So I'm looking at how to go about cutting the bb off the Dayton frame and I see a sticker.
It has a model number,under that it says HBC 901 pleasant valley drive Springboro Ohio.
Of course I look this up and it says that's where Huffy and DK bicycles are. Learn something new everyday.

I also found while doing a search that RRB member yoothgeye used one of these frame a few years ago to build a bike for his kid.

Anyway this was interesting to me so I thought I'd share.
...it's a small, small, world....Nice research. I love it when I can glean new information. My brain has lots of room...

Soooo....how goes the build, my beer-named friend? (or is it a Shakespearean reference?) Last I heard you were gassing up the sawzall....

Soooo....how goes the build, my beer-named friend? (or is it a Shakespearean reference?) Last I heard you were gassing up the sawzall....
Not much going on unfortunately. I did get the bb cut off,now I have a big opening in the down tube to deal with.
I'm hoping to get to the self serve junkyard this weekend to get my saddlebags and maybe a few other things. With luck I'll start making more progress next week.

The name came from Shakespeare,(not sure what my parents were thinking).
I actually didn't even know there was a Falstaff beer til I saw an old sign at an auction a few months ago,I really wanted that sign,but it went for almost $100.

After some careful consideration I've decided to withdraw from this competition. I'm stuck with a bunch of frame parts that need to be welded together, and I don't have a proper welder to do it.
I've been told I can have someone else do the welding for me, but if I do that it won't be a Falstaff build. It would be some frames I cut up and someone else glued together.

I joined this site to build and customize bikes, and learn from some of the best builders in the world. I didn't join this site to have someone make my ideas for me. I'll get a mig machine soon and get this thing going. I know how Luke felt when he stepped back from his outlaw build, the ideas I have for this bike deserve to be executed properly.

This build will go on the back burner for a while, but it will be finished. Until then I'll just keep up with what y'all are working on, and maybe do a small build or two in the builds thread.

I'll put myself on a deadline for build off 11. Thanks to all of you who've followed along, but right now finishing this bike is the least of my concern.

Good luck to all of you still building, I'm looking forward to seeing all of your finished bikes.

I joined this site to build and customize bikes, and learn from some of the best builders in the world. I didn't join this site to have someone make my ideas for me. I'll get a mig machine soon and get this thing going. I know how Luke felt when he stepped back from his outlaw build, the ideas I have for this bike deserve to be executed properly.
:thumbsup:
You made the right choice!
Nothing worse than looking back with regrets...

Luke.

Thanks guys, it's a tough situation but I knew when I found the dayton frame that I wanted it to be a bagger.
The electric thing was kind of last minute, but since I made that decision I figure I better take my time.

Sorry to hear of the withdrawal my friend. But I understand the desire to do it in due time, and with due care. Your comments and activity have kept this MBBO rolling (pun intended) and encouraged many along the way. Hope you have time to check in now and then to offer encouragement and humor along the way.

Sorry to hear of the withdrawal my friend. But I understand the desire to do it in due time, and with due care. Your comments and activity have kept this MBBO rolling (pun intended) and encouraged many along the way. Hope you have time to check in now and then to offer encouragement and humor along the way.
Oh I'll still be Here OJ, just won't be working on this bike. My wife wants me to customize one of my Murray middleweights for her, and I'll be spending a lot of time online figuring out how to make something.
Besides, I have to do something while I'm at work. So I may as well hang out @:forum:.

Don't tell my boss :whistle:

I know how you feel, I stepped back from the last MBBO because in my case I just didn't have enough knowledge and wanted my project to be done right, that's why I got into this MBBO with a different bike.

I know how you feel, I stepped back from the last MBBO because in my case I just didn't have enough knowledge and wanted my project to be done right, that's why I got into this MBBO with a different bike.
That's pretty much it.
In my head I can build anything, but with my hands not so much.
I'll keep practicing with the welder, and working on designs. I'm hoping I get good enough at it to do what I want for build off 11, if not I'll just keep plugging away.

" How do you get to Carnegie hall?"

"Practice."

Yes, as a matter of fact that is from Last Action Hero.

Latest posts

Back