(ORBO) BMX/MTB/BOMBER/KLUNKER BO .....VOTING FINISHED!......

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello guys! Newbie to ratrod bikes... This build off sounds like something I'd like to do. How do I join in or is it too late? Any rules?
Not too late to join!

Rules as per usual:
1. Start a new post and use the bike name as the post "Subject/Title" in the ORBO (Off Road Build Off) section that will open on the start date. Keep a running journal in your thread about your build.
2. Bike must be built within the dates specified. It must not be started before the start date. Also please don't jump in at the last minute with a mostly completed bike, we want to see the build happen!
3. If you are building a custom frame, frame must be built by the forum member (this includes welding and fabrication).
4. Must include progress and finished photos (all in one thread please)
5. Bike must be ridable.

Welcome aboard!

Luke.

Hmmm. Buena idea! ORBO(Fat-a-tat-Rat)
Ratta Gorda!

Last edited:
Hello guys! Newbie to ratrod bikes... This build off sounds like something I'd like to do. How do I join in or is it too late? Any rules?
See rule 1?
Right before the specific build off starts (check the dates) there will be a new section where we all get to have our own threads. You're in when you post your intentions. Often a picture of the bike as it sits, or the pile of parts you will be turning into your bike. Check out some of the build threads in the Archives, to see how others started. You also don't have to post up right away, late starts are ok no hurry, but keep posting progress as you go. (don't just post a finished bike) That's how we do it. Welcome.

Carl.

I have to do my own welding huh? I can't just buy my frame 'used' from a buddy the same way I'd buy a modified old Schwinn, except that the buddy just happens to be a professional welder and just happens to be modifying to my specs with tubing he just happened to find in his shop after I just happend to 'misplace' it? :21:

Scratch plan A. Lucky for me there's always a plan B... and C... and, SQUIRREL!

I know we still have a few months to go until the compilation but its time to start training . Maybe this will give you the inspiration you've been looking for ...... Getter done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool stuff! I'm guessing you are in on the ORBO G? Looks fun...

They sell a sweet klunk right out of the box ready to go !!! I doubt you could build one that cheep there heavy duty & ready to take a beating . 500$ ish I think

They sell a sweet klunk right out of the box ready to go !!! I doubt you could build one that cheep there heavy duty & ready to take a beating . 500$ ish I think

Oh! Well then I suppose we don't need to have a build off...
We can just buy a klunker...:nerd:

Merle.

Oh! Well then I suppose we don't need to have a build off...
We can just buy a klunker...:nerd:

Merle.
That was posted for fun & some cool ideals not for a build off replacement !!!
I would assume you know it usually cheaper to buy a compleat bike then to buy all the parts to build one . But that will not take the place of building your own customized bike ! look a little further up the page and see the begging of the post ....

Matt

That was posted for fun & some cool ideals not for a build off replacement !!!
I would assume you know it usually cheaper to buy a compleat bike then to buy all the parts to build one . But that will not take the place of building your own customized bike ! look a little further up the page and see the begging of the post ....

Matt
Brother, I'm sorry, I was just goofing off!
(It's that "Merle" alter-ego...)

Carl.

It's all good Merl is that merl Haggard or Merl Sanders ? I just couldn't help but busting your butt back . No harm no foul [emoji106]

Latest posts

Back