Silver Surfer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I finished this year, yeah me! I admit, I didn't get everything on it that I wanted to but I still like the finished results. This will be my last small bike I build. With me being 6' 2" these bikes are just not very comfortable to ride so I'm sticking with at least 26" bikes from now on. It's about 8000 degrees down here with 5000% humidity so I didn't stay outside long taking pictures. This is all I got before I was about to have a heat stroke. I had fun with BOTEN, even with some set backs and working with a broken disk in my back, Can't wait for the next one, but first, stay tuned for the return of Agent Orange!!! Thanks and good luck to all the BOTEN peeps!

Here's the build thread. http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-silver-surfer-finished-boten.91880/

Last edited:
Great bike I'm happy to see you got it done love the color combinations & attention to detail the wheels are killer !But at 6-2" I bet it's is hard on the legs & back . You need to get you a phat cruiser out of California you will love it !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great bike I'm happy to see you got it done love the color combinations & attention to detail the wheels are killer !But at 6-2" I bet it's is hard on the legs & back . You need to get you a phat cruiser out of California you will love it !

Thanks, yeah that seat is like wearing a G-string, not that I'd know, but it's those 4 1/2" cranks that make you pedal 100 mph just to keep from tipping over. I have about 19 more vintage bikes stored away in my dads barn and all of them are 26"ers. That's what I'm sticking with now.

Thanks, yeah that seat is like wearing a G-string, not that I'd know, but it's those 4 1/2" cranks that make you pedal 100 mph just to keep from tipping over. I have about 19 more vintage bikes stored away in my dads barn and all of them are 26"ers. That's what I'm sticking with now.
That was to darn funny I'm still laughing [emoji13] !!!!! Well it sounds like you got it figured out for next time . But for now this one looks 100% cool

Muscle bike beautiful!! Cruise those cosmos

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

G-string is stuck in my mind.:tmi::20:
A sweet cherry muscle build,with a nice rack..
Reminds me of Good vibrations.
So heres a thought,copy everything on this build over to a 26' frame and you will have yr perfect surf bike.

G-string is stuck in my mind.:tmi::20:
A sweet cherry muscle build,with a nice rack..
Reminds me of Good vibrations.
So heres a thought,copy everything on this build over to a 26' frame and you will have yr perfect surf bike.
I actually switch my surfboard rack with another bike I'm building, the "Hepkat" in the build threads. It's way more comfortable to ride too. But I still like this bike and will keep riding it, I just don't care for the G-string seat but if I change to something different it will change the whole look. Sometimes you have to be uncomfortable to look this cool. :crazy:

Here's a progress pic of the Hepkat.

I actually switch my surfboard rack with another bike I'm building, the "Hepkat" in the build threads. It's way more comfortable to ride too. But I still like this bike and will keep riding it, I just don't care for the G-string seat but if I change to something different it will change the whole look. Sometimes you have to be uncomfortable to look this cool. :crazy:

Here's a progress pic of the Hepkat.

That looks cool and more your size.Maybe some larger apes...lol
I gave good vibrations away to the kid up the road,but kept the board rack. It will fit perfect on my endless summer build...If i paint it to match.
11755729_10153174585344811_6503319116024033791_n.jpg

I gave good vibrations away to the kid up the road,but kept the board rack. It will fit perfect on my endless summer build...If i paint it to match.
4 foot apes? LOVE it

Nice bike! Is that tank made out of wood? Very cool. I like the tall apes too but with a serious surfing accident a few years ago that destroyed my back and now I have a broken disk in my back, it's getting harder to reach that high for the handle bars. :(

Love this build, but it needs to come with a set of sunglasses!!!
Great job on the paint and the machine turning. What a fun build to follow.
BRAVO!!!!

Nice bike! Is that tank made out of wood? Very cool. I like the tall apes too but with a serious surfing accident a few years ago that destroyed my back and now I have a broken disk in my back, it's getting harder to reach that high for the handle bars. :(
Yep all wood,that was my first build... Apes that tall are harder to ride,less control.Can also be awkward at times.but .... they look cool...lol

Latest posts

Back