BILLY BOBBER "Phantom X"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
PhotoGrid_1438402069110-1.jpg
PhotoGrid_1438404895693.jpg
20150731_172520.jpg

Went up to the top of Table Rock in Boise, ID and took a few pictures. It was a little windy. This photo made my wife really nervous. She kept saying " what if your bike blows over? " hahaha . Guess it was more important.
Got a few more photos while up there . The wind did finally blow the bike over ruining the end of the right side grip. We finished some photos and I rode it about 1/4 mile back to the truck. There were quite a few people up there and the response of the bike was awesome. Working out of town during the week made it hard to finish this bike. I'm glad I did 'cause I love it. Gotta say that being part of this build off has been a great experience. There are some talented people in this build off and some killer bikes were built. I wish the best to everyone and thanks so much for letting me join in on your fun!

Here's the book of things done or most of it anyways.

I named the bike Phantom X so that it kept the schwinn name and represents the 10th build off.
-Parts are as follows
Schwinn middle weight frame with fender strut tabs shaved
-Columbia springer fork converted to threadless, key lock shaved, clearanced to work with threadless cups
-Salsa bars with ends cut to narrow them
-not sure the brand of stem or headset but I keep em clean
-Odyssey seat mount, seat clamp, and pitbull brake and lever
-Brooks natural cambium grips and seat
-Custom made seatpost
-Spinergy rev-x wheels converted to single speed
-Race face crank with guard removed
-Schwinn 24" chain guard to better fit the small sprocket
-Aftermarket schwinn tank with all holes filled and mounted with hidden fasteners
-Painted with good ol' Rustoleum bomb can, added some decals and modifed chain guard to say Phantom X
-most of the Shiney stuff painted satin black with just enough shiney parts to add contrast
-Custom Billy Bobber head badge

You can see lots of build pics in my build thread http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/in...om-x-finished-off-to-take-final-photos.92863/
PhotoGrid_1438399935550.jpg

20150731_172234.jpg
20150731_172728.jpg
20150731_173109.jpg
20150731_173142.jpg
20150731_173225.jpg
20150731_173233.jpg
20150731_173625.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great! The bike is awesome and the pics are too!
This photo made my wife really nervous. She kept saying " what if your bike blows over? " hahaha . Guess it was more important.
:rofl:

Luke.

Great bike the wheels make it pop,and excellent photo shoot.
I have the same problem with the wind,I almost lost the Indian down a mining shaft taking pics,I grabbed it just in time...

Mix of old and new really sets this one off! Great colors, contrast, and your phantom frame and "x's" wheels say it all! Nice work! Love the ID vista too!

Great bike the wheels make it pop,and excellent photo shoot.
I have the same problem with the wind,I almost lost the Indian down a mining shaft taking pics,I grabbed it just in time...

Thank you! I watched the video of the Indian bike, very cool. On the ride home my wife asked what I'd have done if the bike blew over the edge. I told her that I guess I'd have a good story to tell.

Looks great! The bike is awesome and the pics are too!

:rofl:

Luke.
Thank you! Glad I could make you smile and laugh
Mix of old and new really sets this one off! Great colors, contrast, and your phantom frame and "x's" wheels say it all! Nice work! Love the ID vista too!

Thank you! I truly appreciate all the kind words

I think crying would have been yr second choice if the bike fell over,after many french words,and screaming,OH NO!,OH NO.

Perfect balance of old and new along with a great eye for color scheme and styling.
Killer build!!!!
BRAVO!

Oh ya!!!, we have another Boise boy awesome Phantom. Fantastic ride

Latest posts

Back