Mint Trip crosses the finish line!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Mint Trip is definitely a different direction than my last year's build off bike "Hombre"

This year I wanted to focus on the basics of a cruiser bike with bold color combo.
Made it down to a local landmark of sorts. The barn they filmed parts of "Days of Thunder" is located about 5 miles from the house, located in Mooresville NC. A really neat place for some finished bike pics. Hope you like it as much as I enjoyed building it. :forum::rofl::emo::bandit::ninja::nerd:

20150730_161114.jpg

Mint Trip. 1952 Roadmaster custom.

20150730_155526.jpg

20150730_160723.jpg

IMG_20150730_183440.jpg

20150730_160125.jpg

20150730_160317.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome work! Wow, your colors are a perfect combo, I really dig the giant chain ring, and how the springs on the fork and seat emulate each other! That is, appropriately, one "mint trip"! Bravo!

Beautiful CwC bright & bold love that monark fork . It looks like it should be cruising the beach for chicks [emoji560][emoji188]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First off CONGRATS on building another wicked ride!!!!
#2 should be your voting photo for sure. It shows off the bike the best as far as a one glance view.
The other pics are great supporting pics though.

Love the color, sweet build

First off CONGRATS on building another wicked ride!!!!
#2 should be your voting photo for sure. It shows off the bike the best as far as a one glance view.
The other pics are great supporting pics though.

Okay, thanks for your valuable input. After a good night's sleep, I can see clearly now. Pics have been re-arranged to the proper order. Cheers!

Mint Trip is definitely a different direction than my last year's build off bike "Hombre". This year I wanted to focus on the basics of a cruiser bike with bold color combo.
Made it down to a local landmark of sorts. The barn they filmed parts of "Days of Thunder" is located about 5 miles from the house, located in Mooresville NC. A really neat place for some finished bike pics. Hope you like it as much as I enjoyed building it. :forum::rofl::emo::bandit::ninja::nerd:

View attachment 12337
Mint Trip. 1952 Roadmaster custom.

View attachment 12338

View attachment 12339

View attachment 12373

View attachment 12374

View attachment 12375
Which saddle is that btw? Beautiful! Also, I agree that your first pic is the "final photo", but that 4th one under the busted building with the light streaming in, broken wood, and your mint bike...the juxtaposition is calendar worthy!

Which saddle is that btw? Beautiful! Also, I agree that your first pic is the "final photo", but that 4th one under the busted building with the light streaming in, broken wood, and your mint bike...the juxtaposition is calendar worthy!

Thanks oddjob, it's a long spring Messinger restoration done by The_Black_Monark . His work is top notch.
As far as the photos go, it's going to be tough. I too like the sunlight peeking down through the barn roof onto the bike. I appreciate your input, I'm glad the deadline is....oh poo, it's almost here! :eek:

20150722_164547.jpg

Latest posts

Back