The White Rabbit-a two-afternoon build!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, I thought that Build Off Ten was going to have to do without me.:cry: That's okay, there's always another Build Off-

But then FATE intervened, in the person of a local LBS owner who dumped half a truckload of dumpstered scrap in my yard and dared me to Do Something with it-with two days left on the calendar! :eek: Hey, who am I to argue with Fate? GIVE ME WRENCH NOW!!! And as I scurried about chugging Coffee like water and muttering to myself about the time-suddenly I had my build title. :grin:

Here is the White Rabbit-a 20" wheeled child's frame with an extended seat tube which allows me to use an adult's full leg extension, not unlike a Japanese City Bike with fewer of those pesky gears...and unlike my 1965 Schwinn Aristocrat, small enough to fit in my 1993 Ford Festiva hatchback without partial dissasembly. Now I can park in Morehead or Emerald Isle and make use of the cycle paths that I cannot reach without braving Hwy 24 on a bike....

With no further ado:

Not too unusual or radical a build, and certainly can't hold a candle to the other builds in this Thread-but how many of you spent only seven hours on the build and no money whatsoever?:p

I'm happy with it. I'll try to get fancy when I have more money and time-and thanks for letting me into the build, albeit right against the last ticking of the clock....:21:

Cool fun, free, and fast build!!!!!
I remember the names of the places you are talking about too. I lived in Wrightsville Beach and worked down in Southport for a year or so.

Cool fun, free, and fast build!!!!!
I remember the names of the places you are talking about too. I lived in Wrightsville Beach and worked down in Southport for a year or so.

Yep, you have bike paths and multi-use sidewalks in Morehead City(not to mention a 35 MPH speed limit in most of it), from there you have the bridge to Emerald Isle (and a bike lane) Multi-Use Paths all down the island, and a broad MUP sidewalk from Cedar Point to Swansboro...

But as much as I would like to set an entire day aside and cruise-I have to navigate HWY 24 for six miles one direction and ten in the other, with cars doing 70 MPH in 45 and 55 MPH zones...NOPE! :20::20::20:

You named it "White Rabbit," so I gotta dig it. Grace Slick's voice reverberated in my head as I went through the pictures. You made something cool outta nuthin'! Kudos.

Only 7hrs.I think thats what I want to do for next years build-off.

It's not like I had a choice-the LBS literally dumped a flatbed full of junk in my yard and smirked at me! So as soon as the almond paint is fully cured (about six days from spray to the fingernail test) i'm gonna unpack the Rabbit from my trunk and ride circles around his place until he comes out and rides it! :21:

And what do I do with the rest of these bent and scratched frames, salvagable wheels and slightly used...components...

(reaches for pen and paper)

I May be gone for some time now...:rolleyes:

I spent more than 7 hours just thinking about how to build mine and definitely spent way more than free..nice job

For 7 hours that's a cool build! I like the results! Nice color combo!

Luck of the draw, it's what I had in the shed...Rustoleum Almond Appliance paint (full week to completely cure, but very tough afterwards) and Moeller engine paint (who knew that 'Evinrude' was an actual color? :21: ). Anyway, I got lucky.

I might repaint those pink rims later on-but then again, don't rabbits need a touch of pink somewhere? I may leave it pink for good...

Quick and sweet, awesome job.
Kenny

In 2 days and free??? Dang, imagine what you will do with more time and bucks. It's scary to think about. Well done.

In 2 days and free??? Dang, imagine what you will do with more time and bucks. It's scary to think about. Well done.

With all due respect, I think the same is true of every member of this board. But yes, money would be awesome to have. :nod:

Meanwhile though, I have half a flatbed of salvageable parts to sort through-

BTW, I finally got a chance to ride the Rabbit to said LBS-ah, their faces, and me without my camera! Naturally I gave them the RRB website address-if I can blow their minds with a simple wrenching like the Rabbit, just wait until they see the rest of us! :crazy2:

Latest posts

Back