The build formerly known as Harlequin

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anything to stay on page 1 without working on my bike...
NEW TRUCK DAY! (at least for me)

98' Ford Ranger
It's pretty clean and only has 135,000 on it. The four banger does way better on gas than that pig, I mean van, I have. It was my brother in laws (RIP) so now I'm doin' all my sister's honey do's till eternity calls... but I need a second vehicle, as 2 of my kids be getting licensees soon.

Carl.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Very cool homemade spoke threader.
Great cowboy wheel and video too!

Ya'all think I can space my hub out with a couple extra axlenuts? It's long enough to reach, I did crank it in all the way to the hub, but that's about a good inch of a squeeze.

Carl.

Ya'all think I can space my hub out with a couple extra axlenuts? It's long enough to reach, I did crank it in all the way to the hub, but that's about a good inch of a squeeze.

Carl.
Either way should be fine, maybe split the difference?

Luke.

Very cool homemade spoke threader.
Great cowboy wheel and video too!
Yeah it's fast!
After lacing and letting some of them run long thru the rim I just marked em' with a sharpie, pulled em', nipped em' off, chucked em' up and zing into the die.

Carl.

If its a steel frame you should be able to just crank it in. If its alum spacers are prob a good idea. Nice job on that wheel!!

It's steel. In the picture the outside nuts are flush to the axle ends. So I can put some extra nuts in there... I may stretch the rear end out with some plates too. If I do that I'll just run the plates on the inside.

Carl.

Last edited:
Looks like about a 4" off centre?

Luke.
Used 26" and 20" spokes opposite sides on a 24" rim... I haven't measured it but it just clears everything, well, the MTB tire barely nicks the top seat stays. A belt sander on the edges of the tread nubs ougta fix that...o_O

Carl.

The die would thread onto existing threads but when you got to new metal it was too much. I snapped a piece off into it by hand, and it wasn't easy getting it out. That's when I wedged the screwdriver into it, to get the piece out... Then I tried it with the driver wedged in it and bingo that worked fine. Then my brainstorm was chucking the spokes into the drill. Keep em' oiled and go. So it was sequence of events to get the final procedure... mostly because I didn't have the right size die handle and its a loose fit 2-56 when they're rolled...

Carl.

Latest posts

Back