Columbia Convertible Commuter *FINISHED*

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Renaissance Man

__CERTIFIED DIVER__ (Open Water & Open Dumpster)
Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
Columbia%20logo_zpsuklqhkcx.jpg

My plan is pretty straight forward.

I recently discovered that the convertible tanks that I sell will work with the late 50's early 60's Columbia girl's frames so I wanted to build this as an example of what one can look like. I hope to put it together with bolt together parts that require no more tools or skills than what one would find in any average hobbyist's garage. No over-the-top eye candy for this one!

The goal is to build a very functional hybrid type multi-speed bike. Think commuter bike. It will have modern components and will run 700c wheels with front and rear caliper brakes. I also plan to have fenders and of course lights. Even though I'm starting with a vintage steel frame, I hope to keep it as light weight as I can.

Here's what I'm starting with:
100_9247_zpsaojgerof.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! Also cool that the rack in the back is part of the frame. Well since you did a rusty one last time do you plan to put some paint on this one?:39:

This should be another great frame transformation.
Since this is like a ladies Firebolt, you could call it Fire Boltless. :p

Nice! Also cool that the rack in the back is part of the frame. Well since you did a rusty one last time do you plan to put some paint on this one?:39:
Yep, no rust at all.
I have three colors picked out. Black, black and black.:)

R-man, you have some serious skills. Read all your posts on construction of this add-on and was very impressed. Very detailed and generous that you are willing to share your techniques.

Barto

He's awake and has entered.
Step aside another great ride being built.
Now that you are making these tanks,you could even design other rare styles.;)
Sky's the limit.
A lot of work went into just creating the molds.

Mr renaissance those tanks you make are soooo cool . I have a space liner frame I would like to build next it's at my buddy's shop getting some magic powder shot on it right now . One of your custom tanks would look sweet on it do you have any more & how much are you selling them for ? Let me know when you can . P/M if you need to ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr renaissance those tanks you make are soooo cool . I have a space liner frame I would like to build next it's at my buddy's shop getting some magic powder shot on it right now . One of your custom tanks would look sweet on it do you have any more & how much are you selling them for ? Let me know when you can . P/M if you need to ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
a link to his prices is in his signature

Latest posts

Back