Guitar Players: Show us yours!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just joined the site. I do have a Martin DM acoustic but below is my main love in music. I play five string banjo "bluegrass style." Many types of music though. Also play resonator guitar (squareneck Dobro)

My banjo stable includes a 1929 Gretch that I put a generic five string neck on, a 2003 Gibson Mastertone and a Stew-Mac "Masterclone"
WebuseBanjostable.jpg

I sold my naked '70s Seville Les Paul copy last night with no dickering to the first guy to play it.

and then I spotted this Carparelli Arco on Craigslist at 1:30 a.m. while actually searching for an acoustic to replace it.

(I personally thru experience, do not to take incoming ad replies too seriously after 10pm, but I just had to express my sincere interest and at least get my foot in the door on this one)
I woke up early today and picked up this little beauty (the guitar) this morning and somehow still have change left over !
The stars were aligned :).
5435571440_55daf3bc9f_z.jpg

I've played for a long time and have had a lot of old guitars over the years but they tend to come and go.
I especially love old archtops, but humidity has been a threat around here, so I sent the last one to a great home where it got the attention it deserved. I tried to get it back when she went back to blonde, but the money wasn't handy and the gent didn't want to trade for a bike.

This song about somes up my thoughts on the subject...

Im a bit of a BC Rich fan.Me and my Body Art "Skull Pile" Flying V
IMG_0024.jpg

Newest, Old, Warlock
000_0002-1.jpg

The Other Warlock
IMG_0022.jpg

markatCaseys.jpg

V and Beast
100_0865.jpg

Currently: 2 Warlocks, Flying V, Beast, all BC Richs
Cheap Les Paul copy w/EMG active pickups,Epi Strat w/custom paint,5 string bass and 2 acoustics..
Nice stuff, some of my favorite bands play pointy guitars, haha.

I love that there are some Teiscos on here I have a couple...
Here's a current project, Kingston (Teisco) 24 3/4" scale bass

like my Checkmate amp on the right?

Teisco EPT11 the enameled headbadge was in the case!

Cresendo (Teisco) this and the previous EPT11 are both mint and original!

Carl.

Just a husk when I got it...
a 61' Epiphone Olympic

I like tele's... Squier body, body carve, vox knobs, flipped controls, Gibson mini bucker and an Alvarez neck...

teletanker...

Carl.

faux finish...

The Alvarez body that broke in half... Strat trem...tele switch changes capacitors (tone), Gibson style switch in the upper bout handles the pickups...

my #1, I play in Crossfire, our praise band.
paulownia body = superlight w/ maple cap stained black sanded and stained teal.

Carl.

Lefty conversion with Hwy 1 pups, 1tone 1vol, and reverse decals...

ha that's me w/ my strat.

I've built close to 20 of these little slide guitars...
yeah its a DickTracy lunchbox...

Carl.

Last edited:
Some old pics...
74' Tele Deluxe, Electra Rock n' Soul, the red Squier as a 9 string...

The Martin and the Aria & Washburn in front are gone... I still have the Kay 6 in the center and the Alvarez 12.

one that got away... Ibanez Doubleneck 4/6

Carl.

Some nice guitars on here! Carl that's a nice collection.

I don't have a lot of pics of mine. I play mostly classical but I do have an electric I like to fool around with. 1990 ish Ibanez 550 with some customization. Amp rig is an ADA 200 watt power amp with 2 celestian ADA cabinets. For a pre-amp I use an old Sansui power amp and a Zoom 9002 effects processor.

Here's a short riff with the Ibanez.

I have several classical guitars. This one is my nicest. It's a 2004 Kenny Hill Signature model. It has a solid spruce top on the inside and cedar on the outside with kevlar honeycomb sandwiched in between.

Here's me playing the Kenny Hill. Not one of my best performances. Tough piece of music to play.

Here's my beloved 1964 Alamo Fiesta.
Hand made in San Antonio Texas. Hollow core, Dual Pup, rosewood fret board etc. Fixed the switch and touched up on the pain here and there.
IMG_20141111_195213.jpg

IMG_20141107_001531.jpg

Last edited:
i have 3 or 4 guitars but i don't play ,. :( I'm a Drummer ! :D
Ha! I have a raggedy kit so you can jam at my house...
I also have a PA, a bass rig, and two guitar rigs so...
Who's up for some Pink Floyd, Neil Young, Sonic Youth,
Black Keys, Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Radiohead jams???

Carl.

i have 3 or 4 guitars but i don't play ,. :( I'm a Drummer ! :D
Well, it's nice to know i'm not the only one with the sickness. I have a QMT Strat, SG, Flying V, Guild Freshmen, Takamine G Series thinbody, a Squire Strat, ta Uke, two Ibanez Bass's, an Ampeg V4, a Fender Princeton and a Crate Bass amp. I also don't play.... I front two rock bands and am just now starting an Acoustic Trio. I have an in house studio and look at guitars as art, I love them...like my bikes I'm currently negotiating for a Les Paul with eventual plans for a Ric 360 and a Les Paul Jr.
will send photos soon.
Barto

Oop's, forgot my 1960's Kalamazoo, SG like bode with a Tele headstock. Single single coil with a cool whammy bar

Barto

My current project is a beater Gibson SG jr from the early 60's. It's neck has been broken in a couple places and its been sanded and routered so much it's just a waste. BUT I have 1 of the og P90s and I'm going to clad it in metal like a recent Tony Cochran guitar I saw... It will be my steampunk guitar #3. Pics soon.

Carl.

A few I've made and not shown a Vox 1965 Wildcat fat single cutaway hollow body that Rick Neilson sold me when he worked at his parents Music store in Rockford Il. Also some of my hand wound pickups I am making.
OHJLT8.jpg
8tNIO6.jpg
ThOIey.jpg
OosDSy.jpg
ItqU27.jpg
wkMlV8.jpg
FmAjdL.jpg

Latest posts

Back