Silverio

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I'm at it again, but aren't we all? So, I just got myself a 20" chrome canti for around $20 and I always wanted to build a chrome ride, so this is going to be it. I'm just gathering parts at this point, I already got the frame, bars, stem, rear fender and grips. I photochopped an image of what I had in mind. For the springer fork I'm a little torn as to which size to use: 20", 24", 26". Any ideas guys? I wonder what would look best/work.

*As of writing, I have gone for the 20" springer. Also, I'll probably lose the number plate and black accent paint on the fender and headlight...but who knows what will make the final cut :)

miniboardtrackmockup.jpg

Last edited:
After a couple of months scavenging for parts here's a sneak peak of what I have, mostly new parts and some recycled. I also did a quick mock up to give me an idea of the stance and look.

IMG_20141208_172030.jpg
EWwwww SHINEY!!!! (Wolverine's brother upon seeing his brother's claws)

You didn't actually pay to have all that stuff re chromed did you?:eek: OUCH!

You didn't actually pay to have all that stuff re chromed did you?:eek: OUCH!

Naaah, just got some parts as it is. Also baking soda + brass brush does wonders for removing surface rust and making metal parts shiny and clean. This was also a budget build, no cash for chroming. The total cost on the finished bike is just around $150 or less :)

Last edited:
Here she is! Initially the bars were to be dropped, however it was a little uncomfortable on my lower back being in a crouched racer position so I flipped it upwards. I still like the board track racer look of the dropped bars but until I could get a laid back seat post that can go further down the tube (a little difficult to find a shiny one like the rest of the bike) the bars would remain upward for the time being. In it's current position it makes for a comfortable ride so I'm a little torn. Would style > comfort or comfort > style? What do guys think? :)
baroptions.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys, I'm actually warming up to the bars up. It's my wife who's actually pressuring me to drop them! She says it looks more "astig" (Filipino slang for hard/tough) that way. Doesn't she realize that I have a chunkier midsection and I'm not as limber as I was? hahaha!

Btw, when I first had the bars dropped and took it for a spin around the neighborhood a couple of times I initially wanted to name it " The Backbreaker". But with the new setup I'll be needing a new name...any suggestions? :)

This is Awesome. I wasnt sure how many doodads you'd put on there, but given the awesome selection of parts from what Ive read in your neck of the woods, it feels like a no brainer. This is awesome, just watch handling it in the summer! [OUCH~]

Gorgeous pictures.

FZ

This is Awesome. I wasnt sure how many doodads you'd put on there, but given the awesome selection of parts from what Ive read in your neck of the woods, it feels like a no brainer. This is awesome, just watch handling it in the summer! [OUCH~]

Gorgeous pictures.

FZ

Thanks FZ, much appreciated! Hahaha, yeah I'll let you know in the summer! :)

Latest posts

Back