New automatic Schwinn serial number lookup tool

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know who is Jeff Sexton of Kokomo, In ??

I'm sure you are right. It's missing the first letter which gives the month. The year is 1965. (angelfire.com)

marius.suiram said:
I don't know who is Jeff Sexton of Kokomo, In ??
I was asking schwinncruiser (Patrick Sexton) Jeff is a guy I sold a few bikes to.

First I want to say THANK YOU for putting together your serial number lookup tool online. What a great resource!

I recently got a Schwinn bike in a trade and don't really know anything about it - not planning to sell it (not soon, anyway), but I was hoping just to know more about it and I'm getting somewhat mixed messages on the site...

I see 2 possible serial numbers etched on each side of the dropouts - on the left is a 7-digit code (3301778) that is validated by your site as a valid Chicago Schwinn from 1957. On the right is a 5-digit alphanumeric code (G1183) that is not validated by the site. Looking at the catalog images and the components on the bike (not really sure how many of these parts are original to the bike, so maybe only the frame might matter at this point), this bike looks more like a Ladies' Collegiate from 1966.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how I might further investigate to figure it out?

Here's a pic for inspiration:
8526858318_01af11af61.jpg

I agree. With the lugged frame and 3 piece crank, I would guess it's a Giant built Schwinn, probably 80's or 90's.

Schwinn Traveler III, s.n. 8E02785
Schwinn Traveler III, was made in 1978-1979, right?
This s.n. doesn't match with your chart. Do you know why?
thanks, Marius

KUDOS to you for doing such a HUGE undertaking of manhour's to provide such a great service for the biking community of Schwinn lovers and collector's I think I'll add you to my friend list,because to me you're like the song jammin' in my ears right now "Way Cool Jr" may all your Rides be safe!!! At present my collection consists of a couple of "CHERRY" Dyno's a 2003 "deuce" & a 2002 "Moto Glide" and yes a Broken Schwinn import "Winwood" it is utter junk compared to the Cool ones I had as a kid.Like I said THANK YOU for all your hard work in providing such a valuable FREE service to all of us. 8) Schwinnkid

hey patrick.. i have a schwinn world tourist, tried to look up the serial numbers on your search engine and had no luck. found 2 sets each on opposite sides of the rear frame. Left rear 364083 and right rear G1279. if you can give me a year that would rock! please and thanks. zeek

Hi. Can you please help decipher my serial number. It is on the bottom bracket. Number 17517. There is no letter. Here is a pic.

Attachments

• 1453040360706.jpg
    1453040360706.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 368
Any help on this serial number would be great. JAK11065. I tried the decoder and searched on line lists and I'm still unsuccessful. The "JAK" is confusing me and I'm still learning . I picked the bike up really cheap at a pawn shop thinking it was probably a repop or fake. Either way, just curious what I actually have. Thanks.
IMG_0340.JPG
IMG_0434.JPG

Ive ran about all my bike (a mere 20 or so) through it, very nice. Ill be glad when each year catalog is complete :D

Any help on this serial number would be great. JAK11065. I tried the decoder and searched on line lists and I'm still unsuccessful. The "JAK" is confusing me and I'm still learning . I picked the bike up really cheap at a pawn shop thinking it was probably a repop or fake. Either way, just curious what I actually have. Thanks. View attachment 19685 View attachment 19684
The style and location of the # indicates !970 thru 1982 production. It's not listed on the angelfire.com chart that I use, but I would guess Jan. or Sept. of 74 due to the last letter being K. Not a positive I.D., sorry, but definitely a Schwinn, and probably a Stingray.

Hello My name is Miguel, I am so confused & need some help on identifying the year and model of the bike. I even wonder if it’s a Schwinn or not. I just recently got a bike for my daughter bike, the Serial # is DU526443, it’s located on the right front tube. On a site I found it states it’s a Schwinn from 05/01 1958, is that correct? If so what model would that be? It looks like a Fairlady or Silk Chic, but I don’t know how to tell if it’s what it is. Could someone shed some light on how to determine that? Measurements, etc? The Schwinn name badge appears to be plastic, which makes me doubtful. Any help or insight is greatly appreciated, thank you and God bless.

Hello My name is Miguel, I am so confused & need some help on identifying the year and model of the bike. I even wonder if it’s a Schwinn or not. I just recently got a bike for my daughter bike, the Serial # is DU526443, it’s located on the right front tube. On a site I found it states it’s a Schwinn from 05/01 1958, is that correct? If so what model would that be? It looks like a Fairlady or Silk Chic, but I don’t know how to tell if it’s what it is. Could someone shed some light on how to determine that? Measurements, etc? The Schwinn name badge appears to be plastic, which makes me doubtful. Any help or insight is greatly appreciated, thank you and God bless.
A 1958 serial number would be on the left rear axle drop-out. Serial numbers on the head tube would indicate 1970s or 80s. A picture would help. There have been plastic badges on some Schwinns from the 1970s and possibly later.

Latest posts

Back