DOUBLE L'S "Flame-Thrower" FLAT-TRACKER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well here is the big part of it...a breeze to install...with the help of about a dozen Dr. Peppers.. What a weee little sprocket....don't think I like that too much(??) :blush:

Wow I do like the look of the shifter grip...does resemble a throttle cable a bit. Used friction tape to get a dirty dirt-track bike look. matches mo betta! :41:

:cool2::crazy::crazy:Next is the rear-end change-out...it went kinda South.....a slightly larger rim S-7 Schwinn with heavy spokes and the 2 speed kick-back internal gearbox...Now lookin for a fatter tire to fit the S-7. went on ok and test ride was good......now tomorrow I have plans for a more flat tracker looking seat......working out the bugs some this eve at 1130 pm and more tomorrow to finish this thing up! Gear box looks good but still missing that kool vintage sprocket look...having a hardtime dealing with that loss!!!lol

Well, here it is after installing the Dana 3 speed crank system and also a 2-speed rear end. Rides pretty sweet....new seat is fabulous....feels really good and fits me perfect. Being only 5'8 and 185 it works! In the photo is a rare glimpse of a guy that is the watchman for the old warehouse.....creepy......hi name is...get this.....NO JOKE......"Rat" He told me that he spelled it R.A.T. because if he was ever taken to court that you can't sue a rodent.....and if he spelled it with two t's that would be another situation....twilight zonish! I tried to get him to do a photo session for me and even pulled out a 20 spot and he declined.....no photos please....I still was able to catch this one....and a few more. I will try again ion a few days...Light was not really exceptional this evening but this gives everyone interested an idea of what the final look is. I was up late last night and early this morning fabbing the seat.....installing a spring for the seat and anchoring it at the same angle as the front fork assy. Close. I peeked into this "Rat lair and it is pretty kool and I will try for a photo session inside this old 1895-1925 defunct automobile manufacturing plant...later Rat!

Sad to say, but I think I prefer the big sprocket over the Dana... Surprising...

Luke.
Luke....you b right my friend! .....it has a kool factor but nothing to match a knarly old bigboy hard-cranking, chain breaking, big-bore sprocket!, it may b going back on after a series of photo sessions....going to my original plan of a skip-tooth ....:(..

Old Nostalgia racing gear.....Swedish leathers and goggles and a rare vintage Harley sleeveless for the 60's....

I don't think you'll find a wider tire for the S7 wheel, but it looks good as it is.

I don't think you'll find a wider tire for the S7 wheel, but it looks good as it is.
Thanks! May do some changes later....so many ideas on what would work best....maybe I'll have to spoke a different rim up and go from there? Good hearing from you....

Latest posts

Back