Rusty Rebel (One More Thing!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clear turned out good.
Did you tape off the bearing races and cups? Not sure if it's enough to gum anything up or not.

No, I didn't. Just stuffed some newpaper in it. Everything spins fine; I didn't really spray any into it.

You will be fine Nick! Not like you have extremely close tolerances here. I've done it many times.

You will be fine Nick! Not like you have extremely close tolerances here. I've done it many times.

Yeah, I'm not worried! It spins just like new...well as close to it as possible! :dance2:I picked up a cool parts donor, so this might look cooler than I thought it would when I'm done!

Update 5/24/14

Repainted my wheels, cleaned the whitewalls, and mounted them today. I steel wooled the wheels, primed, and then painted them. They came out great and I really like the wheel/tire combo! I also cleared the tank and mounted it. I decided not to do any fancy wiring inside.

Wheels before:

Wheels after:

Nothing like lots of clearance!

I'm not using this seat or the bars...

Update 5/25/14

The Rusty Rebel is a rider. I picked ape hangers for this bike. I tried 3 different cruiser bars and they didn't look right. I also picked up this awesome NOS Persons seat. I think it really fits the bike. Way better than the black Brooks. Also got the chainguard on....it makes the bike! Stuck on some RRB stickers, put on my old Persons Reflector and added a small billiards ball to the end of the kickstand. Still have one more thing to do before I call this bike done.

Nice super clean details!
It's a perfect rat rod!
Way to go buddy!

Thanks for all the compliments! I took the Rusty Rebel out for a quick shake down ride today, pics to come!

Oh ya, the apes are a great choice. Bike looks great. I like the rear view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A true old school Rat!...I'm liking it, a lot!

Latest posts

Back