BOARDTRACKER BOMBER XIII * FINISHED *

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am going to try this out this year. I am planning on a vintage heavily modified motorized CWC bike. I believe the frame is a mid 1940's Hawthorn but not sure and I am planning on using a 1956 Briggs and Stratton to motorize. I started collecting parts about a month ago and was planning on this before I noticed the dates for this build. Hopefully it will light a fire under my ... to get it done by the build off complete date. So, I have not used photobucket yet and uploaded all the photo's of parts and a few ideas. I will definitely post as this is coming together and modified. I noticed a lot of people are going with the vintage cruiser frames so it should be hella fun to watch everyone's progress and ideas.
frame_whole_zps3e9630d1.jpg

I am just going to post the frame and see how the initial thread works out and go from there.

Last edited:
Welcome to RRB and Build Off 9
CWC frames are always sexy cool.
Good luck and have fun.

So this is the Briggs I am thinking of using. I picked it up for 25.00 broke it down, cleaned it out, and it fired right up. It sounds great, I am a little concerned about mounting it without altering the frame. It is a tight fit. First thing is to get the bike 90% there (waiting on parts that are supposed to come in today) and then check out the logistics on the motor mounting. If I have too many issues I was thinking about going with a 79cc Predator we'll see. Anyway here are a few shots of the engine pre modification (paint stripping on aluminum, painting on fins and detail, carb replacement, ditching gas tank for a behind the wheel tank (pictured)). Getting stoked on where this is going.
Briggs_and_Stratton1_zpsbb5a4af9.jpg

Briggs_and_Stratton2_zpsab0645e1.jpg

Last edited:
You know, I could use that B&S on my busted yard mower.(tic)...

nice! so far it looks like 4 motorized bikes (?) this should be a cool build

I really would like to keep the Briggs as the power source as well. I have been working on both the engine and bike this week. I had a few parts delivered and had a few parts lost or stolen from the mail this week. Good times. I was going to start this whole thing with a early 40's Schwinn that I bought on ebay that was stolen our of my driveway after FedEx thought my neighborhood was safe. I am thinking the CWC is the way to go for this build anyway due to the larger engine area for the frame. I will post more photo's (little smaller size) this weekend.

Can't wait to see this. I hope you can use the Briggs. What are you thinking, belt drive? Chain drive?

Belt drive would be a lot of modification on the frame and I like the heavy duty motorcycle chain look, I am thinking around four sections of 415 chain will be involved and I want to keep them visible as much as possible with out loosing chunks of flesh while riding. One to pedal, one for the main drive, and two for the clutch/ jackshaft.

So, I have these columbia springer forks that I am using and I am going with the 24" wheels. I am thinking about duplicating the bottom of these about a inch and a half up from where they are now (where the the wheels bolt on) to shorten. Drill cut grind. I do not see it affecting anything except height. If anyone has done this or knows of a pitfall I am about to step into please let me know.
fork7_zps997cb581.jpg

Last edited:
Alright, I know, I found it on here but this cracked me up and is definitely inspiration for my current build. If anyone has one of these motors kickin around they wan to trade for a Briggs let me know.

3e65d9776fcc414f99e3d1e8b253a4e0_zps2007c15a.jpg

Last edited:
Belt drive would be a lot of modification on the frame and I like the heavy duty motorcycle chain look, I am thinking around four sections of 415 chain will be involved and I want to keep them visible as much as possible with out loosing chunks of flesh while riding. One to pedal, one for the main drive, and two for the clutch/ jackshaft.
This sounds great! Lots of chains makes for a very cool mechanical look.

Luke.

I did a little work on the center steel piece for the frame yesterday and placed a few parts on for visuals of what needs to be worked on. It is pretty much where I had envisioned it to be at this point. I am thinking disk brakes up front. I need a hub and set up for that as well (any one need to get rid of one?) I am going to check on the engine fit again this week (that's one of the perks to this frame, nice and wide for the engine) and look into that next. A lot of work coming up which should be really cool. I am looking into buying an oxy-acetylene set up now for more mods. If any one in the Phoenix metro area is looking to get rid of one let me know.

prelim_setupweb_zps443c5133.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back