*** Blue Arrow & Minnehaha >>>>>>>>>>DONE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Funkme

𝐰𝐰𝐰.𝐟𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐚𝐤𝐞.𝐧𝐮𝐭
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Back to enjoy another build,and watch some bikes take shape from so many fab builders...

Last year I entered the Anything goes section,and decided to go crazy with a fantasy build...
Before I had even finished 'Angel '0' Death', I had decided what frame I wanted to use and style...

This year I will be using a old french frame( no headbadge) I'm dating it around 30's-40's,maybe even earlier from the serial number 52L, and frame + crankset...The champione du monde sticker looks like a add on? Frame is very light and I love the design on the bars(for extra strength).Tried to research it,but cant seem to find the manufacture,maybe a early peugeot or a unknown small company that Peugeot took over...
Purchased it 4years ago,I chopped the top bar off and tacked a top bar on...But I never continued and it sat in storage until now.(hope this wont disqualify me from the comp)
The Frame

The headbadge once was: lion and letters PIA

Last year I loved the Crusty Racer build,so I want to keep the old rusty look.
I will be building a motorized board track racer with side car and keeping it old skool...

That is a cool plan.
I will be watching this thread as well. ;)

Carl.

On the 1st of May, I dragged it all out,the bits n pieces,and did a mock up of what I wanted... I also found this old newspaper glue into a old chest. Thought it was a sign of good luck...

Went with many names Griffon/Feather something/French Blue etc trying to keep it with the frame...
Settled on Blue Arrow,I already had the design in my mind and exactly what I wanted... Came across this on the internet...So I guess I will be doing a replica or dedicating it a great bike...

Now for the real thing and where I want to go....
Beauty be holds 1913.

Welcome back Miss Funk! This is gonna be fun!

So what I will be doing to the frame...
1/ Widen the rear drop out to fit 3" tires
2/ Shorten the head stem to fit the front end I want(girder forks)
3/ Add a top bar using the old one shape and weld.
4/ Extra mount for the engine to attach
5/ Keep original color w/ rust

The parts pile;

The girder forks(parallelograme fourche)

The original plateu/crank set that came with the frame.

Original handlebars that came with the forks;

Brooks saddle or I could go with old spring saddle?

Eeany,meany,miny moe... The tanks...Deciding between the brass or the green,tank has to be painted rusty...

The mock up...You have to love packing tape and hay bale strings....

Most likely won't get started until July,May is a busy time for me,work wise...But at least you guys get the idea of where my project is heading...

Sweet Girder, THREE cool tanks to choose from, nice partzpile.
In Funk We Trust

WOW love it its gonna rock!!!!! wonder how many motorized bikes are being built this year!! Momma Jats will be entering soon also

Troy

Engine and a Sidecar! The lugs on that frame are really cool too!
Thanx, Will be trying to keep all the lugs in place even when I cut the headstem....

WOW love it its gonna rock!!!!! wonder how many motorized bikes are being built this year!! Momma Jats will be entering soon also

Troy
Seems to be a lot entered this year,I'm wondering if I am the only one with a sidecar build?
Hurry up Momma Jats...

Sweet Girder, THREE cool tanks to choose from, nice partzpile.
In Funk We Trust
Been collecting for a few years...But need to decide on the brass tank or green one....

Been collecting for a few years...But need to decide on the brass tank or green one....
Looks like the brass one is a better length to match the bend in the top tube?

Luke.

I like it already, but if you find a little 2.5 hp side valve flat head gas engine I think it would be better.
Yep would be better,I had this for another build,and I have another 3 pull starts...Will try this first,and if $$$ permit,will invest in lil more ooumph!!! I might invest in a old villiers 100cc bike moto...

Latest posts

Back