DELINQUENT ,Gotta fly from here on 8/2

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
first time I have seen a frame like that!!! way cool!1

Troy

I love the frame and the inspiration. Kinda reminds me of the old Gurney Eagles.

I have some ideas bouncing around my head, get some parts pics this weekend, so here's the basic idea early sixties dragster ,hopefully two wheels in the front,six speed rear hub, rear triangle reworked into wheelie bar all covered in a Roth styled metallic dark green.

I have some ideas bouncing around my head, get some parts pics this weekend, so here's the basic idea early sixties dragster ,hopefully two wheels in the front,six speed rear hub, rear triangle reworked into wheelie bar all covered in a Roth styled metallic dark green.

I am hooked on your vision too. Good luck.

I can't even fathom how this is all going to work, but I sure am looking forward to finding out!

Luke.

Unique frame, don't think I've ever seen one. Neat lines, I'd keep the rear loops.

May get some sort of mock up tomorrow, questions were sent along the the lines of two front wheels,if you notice the blurry mags in the picture above they may be the donaters, they are trailer wheels. The idea is a single blade fork with an axle to mount a wheel on either side, did I mention moon discs....did now, rear wheel I'm thinking 24 laced up to the six speed hub (haven't even done a spoke count) hopefully this will work.
I would love to find a high lift jack to make my fork ( similiar to a dropped and drilled hot rod I beam axle) Add lots of heat and bend it, my biggest issue will be time, as I don't have a whole lot of free time.

I got to play a little bit after I weedwhacked my yard,had to pull some bikes out so I could tinker a bit

So after rummaging I had an idea what to use for my fork delema,and I dug out the front wheels. Its a handlebar stem off a 40's exersize machine, with cast iron parts. so I think with a head tube welded on and an axle welded and filled this may work.

Then I dug out my Whammo wheelie bar to get some fitment ideas (no its not for sale) and played with chainguards a bit, the white exersize guard may have possibilities, and the 24" is just a mock up, don't know if I want to widen this frame,still on the fence with that.

Latest posts

Back