CWC no name yet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing really new to report, my truss rods came in today though! I installed the OG fork and slapped them on, they fit great.. I am really liking the original fork better, the front end f the bike sits about an inch lower now I just have lay some paint and finish my head and tail light.

LukeTheJoker said:
Those forks are nice!

Luke.

Thanks luke, yeah i'm really liking it a lot more than the springer.

Definitely, Just wish I could have found some cooler one, or cheap ones to bend up and rethread. People are asking crazy prices for a set.

It looks good lower as well! nice work. I think you might have a winner.

It looks good lower as well! nice work. I think you might have a winner.
Thanks man!

I want this to kind of look resemble my truck as well, so I am am getting some stencils cut to lay down on the tires. BFG radial T/A's>>>

I might have to change the seat color though? I'm going to mess with some things to see how I can Make it work.

Some more of my Cleveland bikes, All Roadmasters. The bike in the background is the first vintage bike I ever owned. It's been through a handful of looks, but I am almost done with its final makeover. I;m keeping the Monark fork until I find a Fork/truss setup from that era, but as of now, I'm waiting on some New Departure guts to rebuild the back wheel, and a skip tooth chain master link, and it will be back on the road.

I'm not sure what model My 24'' build off bike is, but the Roadmaster badge fits it, so I'll have three road masters by the time this build is done. Lol..

I have the fork off of this 36' cwc I'd love to trade up to a Monark.

All good man just fishin' hehe. I do like your bikes, cruiser style. Only cruiser I have is that raggedy 36' Hawthorne. A project bike I'm just sitting on for now, but wanna' get built soon... just gotta finish HeadBanger first...:headbang:

Carl.

All good man just fishin' hehe. I do like your bikes, cruiser style. Only cruiser I have is that raggedy 36' Hawthorne. A project bike I'm just sitting on for now, but wanna' get built soon... just gotta finish HeadBanger first...:headbang:

Carl.
Nice ride, let me know in a few weeks from now if you are still looking to trade forks.

Pretty much did a 180 on the direction this build was going, the flake paint and overall loudness of the old theme just isn't me, plus, that paint was a pain to touch up if chipped or scratched, I hate being careful with bikes, I ride the heck out of mine. So, I went with a primer paint job, oxide red, and I'm thinking of laying some simple cream scallops. That will all be way easier to touch up than using metalli paints, and cheaper.

I'm keeping the fenders but I'm pretty sure that I willbr painting them

It's been a while since I've posted, school has kept me pretty busy so I haven't had much time to work on any projects.

Like I posted earlier, the metallic paint and shiny parts was just not working for me. The colors were great, I just wasn't satisfied with them on this particular bike. In fact, I will using several if those ideas on a Columbia build that I have on the back burner.

I dug through my paints, found two that I've always wanted to use together, I went with oxide red and cream, obviously nothing new or even original, but the combo just looked great.

I don't want to use anything that's too shiny or eye catching, it would look out of place, so I changed out the chainring with this sweetheart one that I've been dying to use on something. It looks great with the paint IMO.

I'm not done with the forks, I till need to lay some simple scallops and clear them. I also want to use 2 Jerald slicks but I'm not so sure how that will look? Anyone ever run a set? If I do end up using two if them, the rear will most definitely be a whitewall.

Anyways, here are some quick update shots....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm managing to get some work done to this thing in between my final papers and tests.

I wanted some shorter bars, I might go with these, they were lying around on my parts rack. I kind if like the look of them but not so sore about the grip area, I prefer apes with more of a swept back grip length.

The seat that I have obviously does not match the oxide red and cream, so I spent a while at a textile store looking for something cheap to recover it.

I ended up choosing a pleather, marine grade vinyl with an alligator pattern. I initially wanted something like a tan color, but all the materials in that shade were smooth, and had a gloss to them, and had no texture. They just didn't look right to me.

So I went with dark brown because it won't stand out as much, like the tans did, and it has black in it as well. The pics don't really do it any justice, but I looks great to me, in the sun, next to the colors.

esanegeh.jpg

u4uneza9.jpg

y5yhunes.jpg

aputa8ar.jpg

Also going to use these bars that are on an old schwinn exercise bike that's hanging out in the back yard.

eparynup.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back