BIKE Identfication Help - READ THIS FIRST BEFORE POSTING

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys
I live in the UK and have just bought a Dyno Roadster. I knew nothing about them when I bought it and to be honest I don't know much more now, I need some help on trying to find out when it was made. I've been reading some stuff on the net about the company going out of business and being taken over by Pacific and to look at the frame for marks to see if its a real Dyno. I've looked all over the frame and I have got a D stamped and the bottom of the seat tube, a D stamped on the chain guard and stamped on the handle bars with Dyno written under that. It also has a D on the crank but I can't see a serial number anywhere. Can anyone help ?
Thanks Garry

Can you help me identify the year of my Monark Silver King or direct me to find serial number and where to look up serial number? I was told it is a pre-war heavyweight. Is pic posted the serial number?
photos
photos
photos
photos
This bike will be for sale as soon I figure out how much it is worth. Also I've been told by many that it would loose value if it was restored by painting, is this true? I have cleaned it the best I could and greased the bearings and put a new seat on the old seat frame. New tires, tubes and hand grips. I have been riding this bike for 6 years now.
Your pics from Google + dont' show up here. Best to try uploading to Photobucket. http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/how-to-post-photos.80238/

OK I'm at a loss here. I put my pics in photobucket and went through the steps to post them here. They worked yesterday and now they are not. Help Please?

Hi guys
I live in the UK and have just bought a Dyno Roadster. I knew nothing about them when I bought it and to be honest I don't know much more now, I need some help on trying to find out when it was made. I've been reading some stuff on the net about the company going out of business and being taken over by Pacific and to look at the frame for marks to see if its a real Dyno. I've looked all over the frame and I have got a D stamped and the bottom of the seat tube, a D stamped on the chain guard and stamped on the handle bars with Dyno written under that. It also has a D on the crank but I can't see a serial number anywhere. Can anyone help ?
Thanks Garry

On a few Dynos I've had, the number is on the bottom bracket, but it is hard to see, it's along the edge, not across the bottom.

Bought it like this, someone painted it purple. No serial number, no markings, only one is "wald" basket. Do you guys know the brand?

Attachments

• 20161203_113652.jpg
    20161203_113652.jpg
    844.4 KB · Views: 430
  • 20161210_224948.jpg
    20161210_224948.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 398
  • 20161203_113718.jpg
    20161203_113718.jpg
    717.8 KB · Views: 418
  • 20161203_113703.jpg
    20161203_113703.jpg
    840.6 KB · Views: 431
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Good morning all. New here. I have a small collection of bikes ranging from an Elgin, Roadmaster Luxury Liner, Schwinn Rolling Rock (and other Schwinns) to one that I can't identify. Any help in identifying it will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

View attachment 54652 View attachment 54649 View attachment 54650 View attachment 54651 View attachment 54649 View attachment 54650
Good morning all. New here. I have a small collection of bikes ranging from an Elgin, Roadmaster Luxury Liner, Schwinn Rolling Rock (and other Schwinns) to one that I can't identify. Any help in identifying it will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Looks to be a Rollfast bike, at least Snyder made, going by the BB hardware. The pics are too small to know for sure 50's or 60's.

Welcome aboard!

Thanks for responding. Sorry about the size of the pictures! I realized that after I posted and hoped they wouldn't be too small to identify. Still getting the hang of things. The bottom bracket is stamped A13947 EE. Thanks again.

Step on up...
Need a ball park ID on this frame
Pre war we know....
Last owner powder coated thick over serial #'s. Not legible. Thinking of listing. Nice if I could say I thought i knew what it could be. Thank you all as always
278a193e3b80cf266ff880b7f694338c.jpg

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

I also believe that the blue double bar frame in post #30 is a Rollfast, or at least a Homer-built (H.P. Snyder). Not sure, but I believe it was a 1937 frame design that bends the top tube to align with the seat stays. Also note that the down tube is straight; in 1942 Rollfast switched to a streamlined (curvy) down tube. Earlier motorbikes were derivatives of the frame safety bicycle, and had corners (like in a diamond) at the seat post cluster.
http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/what-year-is-my-schwinn.104001/
Sorry for late response, trying to figure out if my A or W serial number bikes might be pre-37 rollfast/snyders. Oops, I replied to a hijacked thread again!

Need help identifying this worksman or just a suitable replacement chainring. Just bought a new rear wheel from Worksman factory and want to preserve it by keeping the chain good. I talked to Wayne who’s been at Worksman since at least when my bike was made. He identified it as early to mid 80’s based on the coaster hub using bendix made in mexico parts. The coaster brake strap that bolts to frame also says bendix. I know I should show pictures of those parts, too, but hoping to just find suitable chainrings from Scwinn maybe.
6663AF14-F0C1-40D1-AB5B-5D366E4F46EB.jpeg
C90BD372-99E2-4A49-BA13-9EE2A9059D63.jpeg
56FA1DF4-A426-4F10-8A52-2667A8CFCFAB.jpeg
Starting this to help ID bikes. This post will contain links to serial number datatbases, pictures and anything else that will help to ID your old bike. This will be a work in progress so PM me any info you have that may help. Most links will be for outside sites.

1. Find the serial number on the bike. Locations- under BB, dropouts, headtube, seatpost clamp.
Serial Number Databases

2. Look for a brand name on headbadge or chainguard. The brand name is not always the manufacture.
Manufacture/Brands

3. Sometime looking at pictures or catalogs may help.
Catalog and Picture Databases

4. Or look for characteristic on the bike to help find manufacture. Pics of dropouts, forks, badges, seat cluster
Bike frame characteristics

I am happy to have added this little gem to my small collection but have had a difficult time confirming the manufacture date. And have extensively searched and seen no other chain guard like this one. Any help from the group will be greatly appreciated.
C718B069-84AA-4CD0-9CEF-9187F24ACF60.jpeg
DD2EFD43-1DA3-49A5-8CFE-6EEB0A10B268.jpeg
DD2EFD43-1DA3-49A5-8CFE-6EEB0A10B268.jpeg
39A84727-BAE9-4226-9DE6-9FCDC493DC0C.jpeg

Post #37 blue looks like a Huffy or Huffman chain ring, and maybe the chain guard too. For bikes sold by the retailer Sears, (e.g., J.C. Higgins), it is best to determine the manufacturer first. There is a forum for creating new threads to help identify individual unknown bicycles. Maybe look into Monark bicycles also, (who may have been absorbed by Huffman about that time).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back