Girvin fork..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Initial mockup,need to cut head down 3/4"

002-8.jpg

001-8.jpg

This is a project from one of my cruisermates. I hope he doesn't freak out if he sees it posted here. :mrgreen: But I couldn't resist sharing this one, 'cause it's such a great challenge. The rebuilt Girvin was the easiest part, I believe.

Thanx Houndog, but you shouldn't be jealous. Start your own scene. All it takes is two loonatics on a crazy bike, do some serious cruisin' and before you know it, there's a bunch. 8)

My swervin' Girvin..... Hope to have the rest of it done in the next couple of days.

Wheels are sitting on the floor, bars and tires are gonna be here today. Gotta dig up the seat I want - which means moving about half the stuff in the shed!

Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

wimpy said:
This is a project from one of my cruisermates. I hope he doesn't freak out if he sees it posted here. :mrgreen: But I couldn't resist sharing this one, 'cause it's such a great challenge. The rebuilt Girvin was the easiest part, I believe.

Note.
Watch the modifications that he did to the fork.

SANY0623.jpg

The dropouts are turned around,wich gives the fork more rake.
And the cantilever mountings are removed.

pic02.jpg

The frame is a handbuild, build from scratch also. :wink:
Who wants to see more of this look here: http://www.denhaagcruisin.nl/phpBB3/vie ... f=13&t=446
Like Willem says, I hope he doesn't freak out if he sees it posted here.
Bud when he sees this i think he could be proud.

How did he turn dropouts around? If you just switch the sides it gives you less rake...way less...Did he redrill the bottom mounting holes?

hey Tater, What headset configuration did you piece together to get that Girvin to fit the Felt frame? Headset size 1" or orginal 1 1/8"? did you use a reducer kit? stem shims? did you have to change the crown race on the girvin? Im piecing this puzzle together for my 8-ball. Tnx :D

Thanks, mikeee

retread said:
hey Tater, What headset configuration did you piece together to get that Girvin to fit the Felt frame? Headset size 1" or orginal 1 1/8"? did you use a reducer kit? stem shims? did you have to change the crown race on the girvin? Im piecing this puzzle together for my 8-ball. Tnx :D

I used a Girvin with a 1-1/8" steerer tube and a 1-1/8" FSA Orbit ZS headset.

Latest posts

Back