PERSIAN EXCURSION (1969 Buzz Bike)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyStillz

Not the bestest, but the next asbestos.
Pro Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm going to take another swing at this. FYI the Pink Panther will still be finished and presented in all it's glory. For now though, I will be building out another '67 ish Murray, but instead of an Eliminator, it will be a Buzz Bike. Big thanks to @Scribble for the bones.

20201004_165807.jpg

Sweetness !!! Glad it's getting redone :rockout:
Also when I had it I ran the numbers, 1969 baby ! Rear fender and sissy bar is a little different as well with the later 60s models.

Ok, name time!

Fun fact: I sell Persian rugs. As a designer/artist, I was facinated by the artistry and craftsmanship of handmade Persian rugs. When I met my friend (and now business partner), Mehdi, he shared with me some of the regional differences between rugs, and they're construction. I was so impressed, I went back to his shop 4 days a week for about 2 months straight just to learn about rugs, and for almost 5 years now I have been a rug dealer.

Soooooo... this build shall be christened, the 'Persian Excursion'!

I am basing it around this seat, and going from there.

Resized_20200727_203719.jpeg
Resized_20200727_203724.jpeg

Another themed, creative build by BobbyStillz ! This is before your time, I'm guessing, but it was the first thing I thought of when you mentioned Persian rug, and a 'ride' theme build along that vein. Maybe your aka could be "Magic Carpet Ride".

Ok, name time!

Fun fact: I sell Persian rugs. As a designer/artist, I was facinated by the artistry and craftsmanship of handmade Persian rugs. When I met my friend (and now business partner), Mehdi, he shared with me some of the regional differences between rugs, and they're construction. I was so impressed, I went back to his shop 4 days a week for about 2 months straight just to learn about rugs, and for almost 5 years now I have been a rug dealer.

Soooooo... this build shall be christened, the 'Persian Excursion'!

I am basing it around this seat, and going from there.

View attachment 141714View attachment 141715
Man, that's cool! Sounds like you've got a rug addiction my friend! Seems like you've got an awesome game plan for your bike. I can't to see this and the Pink Panther when you finish them!

Latest posts

Back