What Does Your VIEW look like?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OddJob

Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
When I pull up our RRB secured website, my view of the page in the build off forum looks like this:
RRB page view.jpg

Notice that I only see the Profile Pic of the builder in the left hand column, no name that identifies the builder. And on the far right, I only see the Profile Pic of the person who last commented on the thread. That person's name is also listed under the title of the thread as "_________ replied".

Here is what our leader, @Rat Rod sees on his laptop / desktop when he opens up a forum:

What Rat Rod Sees view.png

Notice that the name of the Builder posting the thread shows up right under the title of the build. And the person who last replied is identified on the far right by name and Prof Pic. As well as the # of replies and # of views shown. His version is very similar to what we saw in the previous format prior to the system change.

What are YOU seeing? I miss not seeing all the I.D. stuff, it's very confusing to follow without those parameters. I want to know if I'm the only one with this limited view?

It has to do with screen real estate. If you zoom out (CTRL-Scroll Wheel) you will see the more detailed view.
Another way to get more real estate is to minimize the "Members Online" and Ad column on the right. This can be done by clicking on the 3 stacked dots in the upper right of the page.

1589202665516.png

Screenshot_20200511-091016.png

I get something similar to yours, but no pic of the last reply person.
I also don't get notifications of the builds I follow.
It's all well and good for now, but if there ends up being 80+ builds, that'll make it tricky to keep up with.

You are zoomed in too much.
Just zoom out and you'll see everything

If you are on a cell phone, you can change this by simply rotating your phone 90 degrees.

That was 90°, if I leave my phone vertical I see even less.

Not sure. It has to do with real estate. Try to find a setting that zooms you out.
Maybe try a setting that is "Desktop site" or something like that

Not sure. It has to do with real estate. Try to find a setting that zooms you out.
Maybe try a setting that is "Desktop site" or something like that
It doesn't matter much to me, just adding on to what O.J. is seeing.
The way it is for me, it's like a surprise every time I log on. Have I seen this or not kind of thing.

@kingfish254 is correct.

The forum has different views depending on how large your screen is. If the screen is smaller, it displays less details to make everything fit...it's referred to as responsive web content.

This is just the way this forum and its theme functions. Unfortunately there isn't anything I can do about it.

As far as someone not receiving email alerts goes, that has to do with the person's email provider. Some providers block email from forums at the server level so you never see them...not even in your junk or spam folders. They do it because they think the email is a threat. Some folks have had success by adding [email protected] to their contact list, but it doesn't seem to work for everyone.

The way it is for me, it's like a surprise every time I log on. Have I seen this or not kind of thing.

Same here, but I only use my phone. So I just read everything so I don't miss any of the fab/resto goodness

Also on that first page @OddJob posted... when you hover your cursor over an icon on the left, all the details that waste space pop up along with a "new to me" item, "Reaction score." Great. Now there's another category where @kingfish254 has a 10,000 point lead that I'll never catch! :blackeye:

GC.

Latest posts

Back