Summer Build Off?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May 1, is that the start date? I’m going to sit this one out as May 1 will be too early to start this year. Right now we are having a raging gale and blizzard. I could hardly keep my camera steady in the wind. We had a warm winter and a cold spring which has made it winter like. I don’t feel like working inside the house as the shop is still too cold.
7A790DDB-2190-4DD4-B1AF-25E7B01BD067.jpeg
52FC2BEB-FC99-4EF2-A53E-0EABF301664D.jpeg

Last year's longer time frame brought out the procrastination in me and I kinda lost steam in the middle.

I still haven't finished Vindication for the same reason, so it's name changed to Vindication Procrastination. I've been chipping away at it from time to time when I get the urge. It's an odd project with unique challenges and changing details mid-stream seems to help the procrastination. I'll sit and stare at it and think, "that just doesn't look right", then eventually figure out what I want to change it to. When polishing parts for a couple of other bikes last week, I finished what was left of that for it.

What ever is decided upon, I'll give it another whirl. I'm just about done collecting parts for my Paramount and it should be quick work to get it together.

Wearing my favorite 'build off' T this morning in honor of the upcoming RRB BO #15.
@Rat Rod , this was the best one ever in my mind! (build off specific T, that is) Let's see those Rat Rod Bike T-shirt photos as we roll down the last week before the build off starts! C'mon !
93650183_645146689677368_7250791006314954752_n.jpg

Seven days to go...???

Sent using Tapatalk

There's a "Bombita" style of frame being built out west that I just love. Since I don't have a tubing roller I will be building a wooden "buck & lever" bender to fab the rear "Quarters" for the build that I have in mind. It'll be an Atomic Punk style build with my BONINE bike, Little Neutrino, getting blown apart. Neutron Bomb is the working title.

Carl

I have at least 3 candidates for Class 1. One would be a kind of makeover of last year's Strandie-style entry but on a different frame with some new details, one would be a Speedster-turned-BMX cruiser, and one would be a middleweight frame with skinny street wheels.

There's a "Bombita" style of frame being built out west that I just love. Since I don't have a tubing roller I will be building a wooden "buck & lever" bender to fab the rear "Quarters" for the build that I have in mind. It'll be an Atomic Punk style build with my BONINE bike, Little Neutrino, getting blown apart. Neutron Bomb is the working title.

Carl

Not knowing what Atomic Punk style would be I did a little web browsing. I’m thinking my conceptual thoughts may have some atomic punk elements. My RRBBO#15 project will be hopefully rideable, but probably more of a visual oddity if I can actually pull it all together.

9fa8ca141ac3c689c73d5e37e6aa01ad.jpg

5b99e89adfaaeea34bf131a26c501eb6.jpg

Inspiration ideas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I've barely ridden a bike since last years build off. I refuse to document anything I build anymore, so I won't be involved in this years festivities.
But I stumbled on this page art, and I like it. Maybe someone will build something like it.

Certainly a wild contraption there, but far more intriguing is the story behind your refusal to document any more builds.

furyus

Not knowing what Atomic Punk style would be I did a little web browsing. I’m thinking my conceptual thoughts may have some atomic punk elements. My RRBBO#15 project will be hopefully rideable, but probably more of a visual oddity if I can actually pull it all together.

9fa8ca141ac3c689c73d5e37e6aa01ad.jpg

5b99e89adfaaeea34bf131a26c501eb6.jpg

Inspiration ideas.

Makes me think of my idea of a starwars style land speeder bike.

Certainly a wild contraption there, but far more intriguing is the story behind your refusal to document any more builds.

furyus
To much negativity on how I do things, so I don't bother to show what I'm doing anymore.

I think the way that you refuse to tell us stinks. [emoji13][emoji13][emoji13]

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk
It's not a refusal to tell anyone anything.

I just don't enjoy being insulted because I don't do things a certain way, so I feel it's better for me to just do my thing and show the finished product.

Makes me think of my idea of a starwars style land speeder bike.

Come join in, show us your vision, I’ve given up trying to satisfy the voters. I’ve expressed opinions that some don’t want to hear even though others go unnoticed. It would be good for everyone to read the forum rules again.

Latest posts

Back