Long BMXXX DONE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking that you meant these:
vintage-wald-murray-eliminator-muscle_1_fa7acdff50b534463ae93a3900fdedee.jpg

However, I'm curious about these:
b267acc6a547cbf0072013a38b2f1169--drag-bike-vintage-bikes.jpg

And these Walds:
images (1).jpeg

Have I been sleeping? How much have I missed?

My first buildoff here was a Muscle Bike BO @CRASH sold me these bars. Had to be October 2013 and I've tried to be in every BO since! (1 DNF I think)
Hedwrap.JPEG

That's some old vintage wrap there bro.
I traded them off a month or two back to @Pookie42
for the nice leather saddle bag I put on the Grease Slapper.
I never really bonded with them.
I believe these were the smaller Wald ones.
Hedbngrwbrkz.JPEG

HeadBanger turned out ok...
and I still have it even tho it looks different.
DaBears.JPG

Chicago Bears Tribute bike...

Carl.

Last edited:
NFC North always is. The worst team can beat most teams in any division. It's cool cuz the Bears summer camp is maybe 3 miles away. So it's fun here in town for a couple weeks siting players. Oh and @MattiThundrrr don't get no cheese on yer bike... (I can appreciate the Packers are a good team... But hey they're also the arch rivals)

Carl.

Last edited:
So I went for a ride today.
Oh we gonna be doin' some modifications to that rear triangle. It's ok... but feels like you're falling forward, even with the gas filler seat post. It's the geometry, those chain stays weren't curved in my head. But I built them with what I had on hand. So still 3 months plus, to get it right I got plenty of time.
1887a7111034c0cf109d123f051a9663.jpg

Sent from across the universe using Tapatalk

"Hill climber" was my first thought too. Bonus: if the hill is steep enough, you won't be falling frontwards, you'll be weighting the front wheel!

Dang, that layout makes the cranks look huge. How long are they?

Does the OCC bike have working rear suspension? I think I see a shock, but no pivot point for the rear end.

"Hill climber" was my first thought too. Bonus: if the hill is steep enough, you won't be falling frontwards, you'll be weighting the front wheel!
Again, no way I could get that rear tire spinning fast enough...
Dang, that layout makes the cranks look huge. How long are they?

Does the OCC bike have working rear suspension? I think I see a shock, but no pivot point for the rear end.
Only 7" splined crank arms, and they are massive but lightweight. Yes Headbanger has a rear suspension. You could search "Headbanger" and go back to about page 4 to find my first build thread here in 2013. But this view with no chain shows it at the base of the Y frame, right above the kickstand.
Hedbngr3.jpg

Headbanger is fairly long too at 55"...

Carl.

Virtual Fix and paint preview...
wallbefaft.jpg

Carl.

Last edited:
Most of the time I look at wide open front triangles in the frame and think, "What could I fill that with?" :bigsmile:

On your BMMMMmmmmX I look and think,
"That rear triangle is begging for something!"

Maybe a vertical guitar rack? Or a single ukulele framed between the tubes? Skate board holder?
:grin:

Well you guys are jumping the gun.
Gotta get the geometry clean with the dual rear brakes and I can't cut brake bridges out till I have the rear the way I want. All that is before I start cutting gussets out of the limited supply of plate I have... (none) So haven't you been paying attention? I have a plan for all the space, space, space...

Carl.

Last edited:
Most of the time I look at wide open front triangles in the frame and think, "What could I fill that with?" :bigsmile:

On your BMMMMmmmmX I look and think,
"That rear triangle is begging for something!"

Maybe a vertical guitar rack? Or a single ukulele framed between the tubes? Skate board holder?
:grin:
I've already done a guitar rack (and amp) bike.
But I got ideas (and names) spinning around in my head... ;)
Gotta be satisfied with the geometry first.

Carl.

Need to angle the seat tube back to get rid of the falling forward feeling. Looks like another fun one.

Latest posts

Back