Does anybody know...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a cool pic! Looks like that other Burrowes bike they're calling a World is also in that Fairfax pic.

You'd need a handlebar mustache to ride on that hairpin saddle. Crash pics appear to show a b67?

Bars I have are def smaller but appear to be the same style. Wonder what those could be? Looks like they were made for a bicycle with the pinched cross bar and 1 inch clamp area.

Tried searching klunker handlebars but had to stop when I came across this bike.

597575350_7_1000x700_velosiped-volume-sledgehammer-26-mtb-klunker-cruiser-.jpg

Need to resist the urge for another bike but love that one.

Alan Bond might have some info. He's real easy to talk to. Contacted him a few years ago about something and he was super cool.

I was thinking the same on the other Fairfax bike...fortunately I don't feel the need to build that one, just the twin bar :grin:.

I've had 'sledgehammer' in my CL searches for quite a while (for both the previous model, and now this one). This newer Sledgehammer definitely has Bassett Star Cruiser look to it...sweet looking bike :thumbsup:.

I was thinking the same on the other Fairfax bike...fortunately I don't feel the need to build that one, just the twin bar :grin:.

You probably couldn't swing a dead cat back then on Mt Tam without hitting a stoner on a canti Schwinn. The Twin bar is mega cool. Never knew there was one made until seeing this thread....and supposedly put together by Gary Fisher. Def a worthy project.

What's interesting about that other bike is they are parked together. Wonder if Bob still owns them and was at that show?

I've had 'sledgehammer' in my CL searches for quite a while (for both the previous model, and now this one). This newer Sledgehammer definitely has Bassett Star Cruiser look to it...sweet looking bike :thumbsup:.

Wheel and Sprocket has them on closeout for 739. Actually had one in the cart before deciding it was time to get off the internet..:p

That's a cool pic! Looks like that other Burrowes bike they're calling a World is also in that Fairfax pic.

You'd need a handlebar mustache to ride on that hairpin saddle. Crash pics appear to show a b67?

Bars I have are def smaller but appear to be the same style. Wonder what those could be? Looks like they were made for a bicycle with the pinched cross bar and 1 inch clamp area.

Tried searching klunker handlebars but had to stop when I came across this bike.

597575350_7_1000x700_velosiped-volume-sledgehammer-26-mtb-klunker-cruiser-.jpg

Need to resist the urge for another bike but love that one.

Alan Bond might have some info. He's real easy to talk to. Contacted him a few years ago about something and he was super cool.
That Sledgehammer bike reminds me of the Retro Gary Fisher style mountain bike Trek was selling a couple of years ago. Almost blew the money on one. Don’t Remember the name but they looked cool. I probably got drool on the one in shop at Lees Bikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheel and Sprocket has them on closeout for 739. Actually had one in the cart before deciding it was time to get off the internet..:p
...but, when you can pick up a new Bassett F/F for about the same...it would be hard for me to pull the trigger. Of course it would be hard for me to pull the trigger on the Bassett as I'm still suffering a bit from buyers remorse on the 'continuation' Champion F/F I bought a couple years back :doh:.

That Sledgehammer bike reminds me of the Retro Gary Fisher style mountain bike Trek was selling a couple of years ago. Almost blew the money on one. Don’t Remember the name but they looked cool. I probably got drool on the one in shop at Lees Bikes.
That would be the Sawyer...which is a grail bike for me. I don't think you can call it 'blowing' money on one of those new, since they pretty much sell for the same used :wondering:. There has been one on the Portland CL for a month or so at $1050...that is one of the cheapest I've seen in the last couple years.

I put it on my watchlist...but, expect it to go for $1k+.

My wife has family in New Westminster, which is only a burb or two away :grin:.
For the right price it might be worth a road trip.

Sorry I can't add to the photo collection of Bob Burrowes' bikes.

But I can answer questions about other related topics, also covered in my book, Fat Tire Flyer: Repack and the Birth of Mountain Biking.

Hard to believe there are complaints about not enough pictures! I have access to more of that stuff than anyone else.

I just went live with my new blog, fattireflyer.com. I can go into depth there on any subjects of interest here.

Sine my blog just went live recently, I would like to hear from anyone who visited if they had any problems with the site, i.e. registering, posting comments, etc.

fattireflyer.com

Thanks.

I read the "Rough Stuff Fellowship" piece yesterday and flipped a couple pages. It all runs nice and quick. After reading your inquiry here I went back to register and was weeded out as a suspected bot.

Sine my blog just went live recently, I would like to hear from anyone who visited if they had any problems with the site, i.e. registering, posting comments, etc.

fattireflyer.com

Thanks.

When I tried to register it thinks I’m a bot and stops....

I'm also a bot...Rise of the Machines! :android::android::android:

Chad T - Wow...so, not only Cook stuff is through the roof :bigsmile:. Fortunately, Burrowes' bike looks to just have the schwinn exerciser seat clamp, and at least the exerciser quick adjust bolt on the stem. I've had a few of these exerciser bikes pop up on CL around here...but, never in a direction I'm going the weekend they pop up. I'll hit one eventually :grin:.

I think we have sorted out the registration problems with my new blog. Sorry about the head-fake. If you were disappointed, please give it one more click.

I'm posting a link here to a recent article on my blog that includes the first photographs of the Ritchey bikes that Gary Fisher and I were planning to sell under the company name "MountainBikes."

We actually only had ONE working bike at the time, and nine Ritchey frames that we planned to build bikes with.

Gary took the photos. Note my "Marin County Klunkers" t-shirt.

OldStill_01.jpg

Latest posts

Back