Can you help me identify the white bike. I like it and would like to find more pictures.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2395-e1347667492176.jpg

That’s a reaaaaaallllly poor pic... but.. lugged steel, cottered cranks, 27x 1 1/4 tires, ‘knock off hub nuts’.. I’d say product of the 70s ‘bike boom’.

Cottered cranks were typically a sign of ‘lower end’ bikes at the time. Save for some Raleighs.

I can’t see if it’s geared. So I guess there is the potential of it being an early track bike. That would explain the bar shape...

Any side pics??

That’s a reaaaaaallllly poor pic... but.. lugged steel, cottered cranks, 27x 1 1/4 tires, ‘knock off hub nuts’.. I’d say product of the 70s ‘bike boom’.

Cottered cranks were typically a sign of ‘lower end’ bikes at the time. Save for some Raleighs.

I can’t see if it’s geared. So I guess there is the potential of it being an early track bike. That would explain the bar shape...

Any side pics??
The bike seems to have a quiless stem and a track fork. It looks like it is from a time where cottered cranks and wing nuts were normal. I don't see any shifters, so it might be singlespeed or one with a flip flop hub that offers 2 different ratios. That brake lever also looks old. I am guessing it is a road bike from the 20s or 30s, where only a rear brake was common. A lot of road bikes back then had track drops.

Example.
BSA-gentlemen-classic-1920s-bicycle-7.JPG

hmm, wing nuts on wheels, quiless stem, bearing cups built into the lugs, handbrake and aluminum rims that looks like they were added later. This looks like an old six day racer that's been modernized a bit. Bikes of the time were extremely small batch, you are not likely to find more pictures.

Latest posts

Back