QU14K-SILVER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought this frame here about 5 years ago 2014, I think its way overdue! I was thinking of fitting 26” wheelset, maybe Brick Red tires, how about a 2-Speed kickback, will Girvin forks fit? Vintage+New aluminum parts, maybe? I’m excited about this build and time for the Fun to begin for me!

D69F192E-DBAB-48D6-94F7-AB11D02F2647.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Should be a cool ride. It seems weird that fork won't fit? The shock portion is hitting under the bottom of your head tube? Is the fork assembled with all the parts in that photo?

Its the bulge at the bottom of the head tube...interferes with the spring.

d.jpg

The polymers are even larger in diameter to the springs...there are air replacements that are smaller diameter, but still wouldn't clear the bump without modifications to the lower mounting location.

AC9C4DF2-C4F1-4E87-B89C-97B93CB57D31.jpeg
It’s a Roller!
Not sure if the Chainring is correct for this frame but purchased it from a local bike swap and thought i could use it for later, hence its a few years later! I had to couple a few extra links on the chrome chain to fit the length, it could probably use 2-3 more links, the JC Higgins trusses just barely fit!
Added a newer chrome rear drop down stand.

View attachment 96135 Update, profile photo attached, the Wife told me it’s nice but it’s missing something, not enough contrast... I couldn’t agree on the spot as she stated it but when she left me alone I thought to myself She may be right...

Maybe some pinstriping or something understated

Latest posts

Back