The Streamliner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is where its going. You'll probably guess what I'm aiming for
index.php

Officially subscribed.:cool2:

So, shrinking.
This wonderful machine tucks and pinches the metal to pull it in, or "shrinks" it.
It leaves a nice pattern too :)
DSC_0299.JPG

Several passes will be made, each one a bit shallower than the last. This shrinking will pull the metal over into a curve.

Oh and it's
DSC_0297.JPG

I don't think I've ever seen a "proudly made in England" sticker. Maybe I'll put one on this bike lol

Good on you. At this point in my life I’m kinda wishing I’d done a trade after school so I could be doing something like that for a living instead of wanting to and not having any training.
I actually got the job 6 years ago. I was cycling round on my "Loopybike" when I saw an open shutter on an industrial unit. Inside I could see a guy working on an Austin Healey. I propped the bike up outside and went in. The guy looked up and asked me what I wanted. Without thinking I replied "er, a job?"
He replied "hmm, if you can prove you can fabricate I might be interested"
I showed him the bike and he offered me the job on the spot! Lol one day a week to start with. I quit my well paid management job to start with him. One day turned into 3 then full time. I went self employed on the first of May.

The Loopybike
P1010210_zps68c664b8.JPG

I actually got the job 6 years ago. I was cycling round on my "Loopybike" when I saw an open shutter on an industrial unit. Inside I could see a guy working on an Austin Healey. I propped the bike up outside and went in. The guy looked up and asked me what I wanted. Without thinking I replied "er, a job?"
He replied "hmm, if you can prove you can fabricate I might be interested"
I showed him the bike and he offered me the job on the spot! Lol one day a week to start with. I quit my well paid management job to start with him. One day turned into 3 then full time. I went self employed on the first of May.

The Loopybike
View attachment 94974
That is the way to score a job!

So, shrinking.
This wonderful machine tucks and pinches the metal to pull it in, or "shrinks" it.
It leaves a nice pattern too :)
View attachment 94970
Several passes will be made, each one a bit shallower than the last. This shrinking will pull the metal over into a curve.

Oh and it's
View attachment 94971

I don't think I've ever seen a "proudly made in England" sticker. Maybe I'll put one on this bike lol

using a pullmax?

Awesome coachwork on that fender!!!! This is going to be a blast to watch!!!!!
Killer loopy bike too!!!!

Latest posts

Back