Rat Rod Bikes Build Off #14?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it time for the RRB 'summer' build off yet?
56669548_323450555216041_2746654082830696448_n.jpg

Current state of the BACK40 bike shed. 10" of snow in the past 15 hours and counting....:wondering::doh:

Ok, you guys are killing me. I see some fantastic stuff brewing! Can't wait to see this run the course and we haven't even started.
Much more anticipation for this one than we have seen for the last couple I think! :thumbsup:
Is it time for the RRB 'summer' build off yet?
View attachment 92348

Current state of the BACK40 bike shed. 10" of snow in the past 15 hours and counting....:wondering::doh:
Did some Spring cleaning on Monday when it was 67°. Forgot to bring the Beer Boy Delivery in from the BACK40 porch.

The beer's cold....
View attachment 92349 View attachment 92350
:13:
:rockout: Looking forward to seeing that on a bike!

I spent an hour on the TIG today, just getting the settings sorted took the most time, these inverter, pulse, AC/DC TIG's are far more complicated than what I learnt on 20 years ago!

I'm not quiet stacking dimes, but better than what is on most lower end bikes these days...

Another practice session or two and then bring on the build-off!

IMG_20190412_172329851.jpg

I'm going to create a multi speed, variable riding position, with adjustable stance, tires, seat and bars thread. And, have fun for four months throwing parts at a Schwinn Spitfire and see what sticks. All the while running a commentary on the state of Gerty and Marigold's affairs and the complications that Tom must solve racing the Thunderbolt Grease Slapper...

Carl.

Sent from the edge of an alternate universe...

Last edited:
Got my official RRBBO#14 shirt ordered today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m in. (how have I not seen this thread until today?) (I lurk more than I post)

Using a factory frame for the first time (vs. scratch.) I’m 1 for 3 in finishing, always said I needed to start with a real frame to up my odds. Got one for Christmas and haven’t had time nor weather to work on it. Looking forward to seeing all the builds.
... to the T-shirt store!

Cool shirt, ain't no way I'm paying $33 to have one sent to me though. You need to hook up with a silkscreener that can make you shirts for $5-$6 and sell them for $15 instead of these online services that make $20 profit per shirt.

Latest posts

Back