Has anyone else ever heard of Egolf bikes?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this video of a nice road bike on YouTube, and I have no clue what it is. The video isn't mine.

Never seen one. But during the 'bike boom' there were so many ten speeds sold, anyone could and did pretty much brand their own. The number of 'brands' is unfathomable.

There's some tidbits of info on this Sheldon Brown page-

https://www.sheldonbrown.com/upgrade.html

I gather from your post you're into road/single speed/ fixed. Cool thing about that side of things is there is soooooo much out there in the way of bikes and parts, there's a lot of build fun to be had. About 15 or so years ago when the fixed gear thing was really booming, I used to convert peoples bikes for them in exchange for the parts I took off. Good times.

I'd suggest diving into Sheldon's site. Its an insane wealth of knowledge. I can't even begin to tell ya how much I learned by sifting through that site.

Never seen one. But during the 'bike boom' there were so many ten speeds sold, anyone could and did pretty much brand their own. The number of 'brands' is unfathomable.

There's some tidbits of info on this Sheldon Brown page-

https://www.sheldonbrown.com/upgrade.html

I gather from your post you're into road/single speed/ fixed. Cool thing about that side of things is there is soooooo much out there in the way of bikes and parts, there's a lot of build fun to be had. About 15 or so years ago when the fixed gear thing was really booming, I used to convert peoples bikes for them in exchange for the parts I took off. Good times.

I'd suggest diving into Sheldon's site. Its an insane wealth of knowledge. I can't even begin to tell ya how much I learned by sifting through that site.
I have been on that site many times before. I am not into fixed bikes at all. It is mostly singlespeed, 10 speed, and 12 speed road bikes.

GustiEgolf.jpg

He was a Swiss racer...doesn't look particularly successful, but he had bikes named after him :grin:

edit...race results...

1965 2Âş in National Championship, Cyclo-cross, Elite, Switzerland, Switzerland

1966 3Âş in National Championship, Cyclo-cross, Elite, Switzerland, Switzerland
1966 5e in Binningen, Cyclocross, Binningen (Basel-Landschaft), Switzerland

Looks like he raced from ~'61-'69

Here is what you get when you Google search Gusti Egolf.
Gusti_EGOLF_gestohlen.jpg
1240307_2_thumbnail.jpg

1240307_3_original.jpg

BTgj1qJoCIZBZMxl.jpg

GroteFoto-RDZWTYTT.jpg

GroteFoto-X6PBYBFB.jpg
gusti-egolf-slika-98525315.jpg

Latest posts

Back