What's up from Tucson

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

Name is Richard and coming in from nice and sunny Tucson, except for last week when it actually snowed here!

Grew up riding a BMX bike while my dad was on his Schwinn Cruiser. Now that I am a dad, my daughter is on the mini-BMX and my dad handed over his Cruiser to me now that he likes to ride his mountain bike.

Starting with a Chicago-made 1980 Schwinn Cruiser but can't let the BMX in me die so will be doing some work on it as I learn what parts will work and find them around and about online.

Hope to post up a build thread soon.

Attachments

• IMG_5011.JPG
    IMG_5011.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 175
Thanks Luke. Have read through a couple of your threads and unbelievable work man!!
:blush: Thanks Richard!
There is some amazing stuff on the forum!

#1 issue when straying from the path on that tank is the fork, it may take a little searching to find the right bearing and race combination, I wouldn't be surprised if someone on here has it on hand. Good luck and welcome aboard.

Welcome to the best vintage bicycle forum on the internet Richard! You've got some nice 'bones' to customize on that cruiser.

No one has mentioned it yet, but there is a Rat Rod Bikes Build Off starting May 1st, if you want to collect parts in the meantime and build along with the folks on here. Great way to get input, helpful ideas, and pats on the back along the way.

Also, you have brethren in the rat rod community down your way. @sdframe is a Tucson guy!

Again, welcome and ..... RaT oN~!

Thanks all for the welcomes.

I have already reached out to a couple of folks here from Tucson and already working on a deal with one.

Right now, my Cruiser is rideable. Hubs and bottom bracket are rough, but it gets me around with my wife on her scooter and my daughter on her BMX. So that one is currently in the parts collecting phase.

However, I also have the matching Ladies Cruiser to mine for my wife that I tore down this weekend and trying to get dropped off for powder coating this week. It was in much rougher shape then my Cruiser, but I will be recycling the stem, handlebars, and cranks after getting a new headset/bottom bracket kit and polishing them up with a wire wheel/wool cloth. Her scooter is matte black and pink and she basically wants the Cruiser to match, so that is what she gets. Happy wife, happy life is the motto and in this case if she is happy with her build, I will get to do what I want with my build. :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

Latest posts

Back