The Wild One * 53' Lincoln

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm loving the brawny street fighter look of this one! I can picture a pint size version of The Fonz sitting on it.

Given the scale of the bike, the adult size saddle looks long enough to meet the requirements of being a banana seat. Just needs a sissy bar to complete the look.:cool2:

View attachment 87740

Concur! Looks awesome on the drawing board.

furyus

Yeah but it's not a banana
it's not even a plantain...
and I don't have a little sissy bar like that,
and I gotta work on Muscle Spasm,
and and and, we'll see...

Carl.

Sent from the backseat of a crowded clown car

Last edited:
Heck, Guitar, I’m only seeing one of three requirements on your bike anyway. Your bike is definitely muscular, though. But like His Leniency OddJob (pboh) says, we’re a lenient bunch around here. The sissy would look rad.

furyus

Yeah but it's not a banana...
Not even a plantain...
and I don't have a little sissy bar like that, and I gotta work on Muscle Spasm, and and and, we'll see...

Carl.

I hope I didn't side swipe your build. My apologies if I did!

I had some thoughts on how it could be made fairly easily if you decide to pursue it.

Jim

Heck, Guitar, I’m only seeing one of three requirements on your bike anyway. Your bike is definitely muscular, though. But like His Leniency OddJob (pboh) says, we’re a lenient bunch around here. The sissy would look rad.

furyus
I keep telling you guys it ain't over yet. So, what will probably be the final look for The Wild One, wouldn't pass the the 3 laws of robotics... I mean the 3 requirements rules. But, I do have different bars for it I just haven't unveiled them yet. Only @CRASH knows because I got them from him long ago... Do they fit the build? Mmm well they're wild so that's all ya get... and the voting photo will pass the requirements.

Carl.

I keep telling you guys it ain't over yet. So, what will probably be the final look for The Wild One, wouldn't pass the the 3 laws of robotics... I mean the 3 requirements rules. But, I do have different bars for it I just haven't unveiled them yet. Only @CRASH knows because I got them from him long ago... Do they fit the build? Mmm well they're wild so that's all ya get... and the voting photo will pass the requirements.

Carl.

i dunno what yer talkin about but i like it :grin::21::rofl:

LOVE the way the sissy meets up with the seat... somehow it just looks right.

edit: wait what? I guess I wasn't paying attention to who was posting and whose project it is. You 'shopped that in there? Impressive. :thumbsup:
TRM is the photo shop king.

Muscle bike handle bar wrap teaser...
ae3f7464aaf5867429d68282dc594e7b.jpg

A little work on the fenders
install skiptooth chain
big fat headlight
3 speed shifter

Not a bad punchlist...
3748bd0dcd431769f65c1bcac81d03ca.jpg
6cce0c68e75d988757133ea2dc3c0274.jpg

and it meets rule requirements in this configuration...

Carl.

Carl, in this case, 'silence' isn't golden. :bigsmile:

I wonder how long your saddle would have to be to qualify for 'naner status? Maybe a mini naner off of a 16 or 20" bike might work? In Mean Kid Black. Because, I really dig your bars (the ones before the, uh, wrapped apes) and you have the two dissimilar tire sizes....

I don't know, you just have such a cool little muscle bike build going here. I'd hate to have the 'cool factor' lowered just to meet some rules.

Now if I didn't go all 'James Dean' on that, I don't know what is! :21:

A banana isn't going to happen.
The "wrap" has got to go too. But I have a few more choices for tape and another set of apes (or two) Whatever goes on will be coming back off as soon as the voting picture has been taken. The low bars and chrome riveted seat are the final look. It'll be hanging in my studio eventually... I've got my punch list and another build to complete too!

Carl.

Worked on The Wild One today. I've got the skiptooth chain on, the rear fender sorted out and the 3 speed shifter on. Two screws short of finishing the front fender braces, but I did get the headlight mounted.
bf4c1f6f337c7238665d5edbbf451966.jpg
425870e38b62402106f9d784e1672ff7.jpg
b4cf93ab7f319c9881d427292a008160.jpg
185ed3e23ad6652ead7678117d6312ca.jpg
7ba3c44b63009beb2aa9009a0e082110.jpg

No plan for mounting the license plate yet,
but a 1953 cereal plate would be pretty cool on this '53 Lincoln.

Carl.

Last edited:
Cool plate, but the whole bike is black, not sure if it will suit?
I haven't figured out how to mount it and have it look like it belongs there either... Color I never considered, real license plates rarely match...

I did get the front fender braces done and I'm headed out to the garage to put it on right now...
db4e143609d3706216ae7514aa34e87b.jpg

Latest posts

Back