• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Schwinn Stingray, bike or frame (20')

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!
I am looking for a stingray frame or an incomplete bike for my new project. There was a sweet one on ebay, but it was just sold today, when i finally got money to purchase it :)
I am looking for the cheapest option possible, since it is not going to be restored to original condition, so if it is repainted or a little damaged (not completely bent though) it is even better. Year does not matter for me either.
The tricky thing is that i would want it shipped to Europe. But i have just found out some ads for those bikes on ebay ask only about 20 - 40 bucks for shipment instead of 100+, so i guess it should be possible somehow for a small frame like that :)
Thanks for help everyone!

That was my experience until now too, but to my surprise i have found several sellers with lower rates last week. I should contact them and ask how exactly do they manage it.
Thanks for your replies!

Parcelmonkey.com comes up with some $45 quotes for DHL and 'trakpak'...I went DHL to see if it was a legit quote and couldn't find any shipping calculators that are worth crap. Whatever trakpak is, seems to be a parcelmonkey product...but, I've never had any experience with anything of the sort.

Jason

edit...reading reviews of parcelmonkey doesn't help confidence.

Last edited:
When I get a non-USA buyer via ebay, ebay has me ship to a warehouse in Erlanger Kentucky near the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport. I assume eBay has their own planes or charters them to fly packages overseas. I pay domestic rates for shipping to Kentucky. The buyer pays ebay some extra amount for the rest of the way. As a seller, I don't see what that extra cost is. Probably more expensive but it is a lot faster. Of course ebay needs to know the package size and weight to calculate the extra buyer fee so I have to package and weigh and measure before the sale. I usually offer "free shipping" so I don't have to do that extra work for items that haven't sold. Prior to ebay's international shipping program, it used to take 30 days to Europe, 60 days to South America. Now it's < 2 weeks.

eBay uses their international shipping program for USA to Canada which is no bargain for the buyers.

Last edited:
When I get a non-USA buyer via ebay, ebay has me ship to a warehouse in Erlanger Kentucky near the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport. I assume eBay has their own planes or charters them to fly packages overseas. I pay domestic rates for shipping to Kentucky. The buyer pays ebay some extra amount for the rest of the way. As a seller, I don't see what what extra cost is. Probably more expensive but it is a lot faster. Of course ebay needs to know the package size and weight to calculate the extra buyer fee so I have to package and weigh and measure before the sale. I usually offer "free shipping" so I don't have to do that extra work for items that haven't sold. Prior to ebay's international shipping program, it used to take 30 days to Europe, 60 days to South America. Now it's < 2 weeks.

eBay uses their international shipping program for USA to Canada which is no bargain for the buyers.

Got the frame from Kokomo Indiana through ebay in 10 days. Paid 39$ for shipment.

Now i am looking forward to finish some of my current projects to build up my first real oldschool American cruiser. Looking towards CWC frame, since they are ones of the cheapest and coolest looking bikes out there to build.

Latest posts

Back