VOTE HERE!!!! - FINISHED BIKE PHOTOS BELOW POLL

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PICK YOUR FAVORITE BIKES

• 01. 13 Dayzz by Blackout

Votes: 28 12.1%
  • 02. 1313 Munster Rode by Jake Sensi

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • 03. 39-40 ELGIN Sports Model No (1)3 by MazdaFlyer

Votes: 30 13.0%
  • 04. 52 Pickup by handyandy1100

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • 05. All In by ADRNLN

Votes: 14 6.1%
  • 06. Ankle Biter by kingsting

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • 07. Aztec Jaguar by GuitarlCarl

Votes: 22 9.5%
  • 08. Back In(B) The Day by hammer mechanic

Votes: 29 12.6%
  • 09. Bayou Bengal by N.Kildare1718

• 10. BeltMX by BDC

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • 11. Big Boy BMX by horsefarmer

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • 12. Black Cat 13 by SkyknightJohn

• 13. Blackheart︎ by Glen

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • 14. Cheep Teena by LBCJ

Votes: 24 10.4%
  • 15. coke hauler 88 huffy coca cola promo bike by heartlandcruisers

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • 16. Double Trouble Fire Road Cruiser by rev106

• 17. DR. CHOPPENSTEIN by benjimanactivate

Votes: 21 9.1%
  • 18. EC RIDER by cjperry81

• 19. Edward Teacher by yoothgeye

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • 20. El Green Go 1968 Schwinn Panther by Missing Link

Votes: 12 5.2%
  • 21. Empty Promise by Skipton

Votes: 16 6.9%
  • 22. Fiasco by irzouts

Votes: 27 11.7%
  • 23. Firestone Featherweight by Yooperman

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • 24. Firme Tricla by chepe13

Votes: 9 3.9%
  • 25. Fisher CR-7 Ground-Up Restoration by OddJob

• 26. Five Points by Dizzle Problems

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • 27. Garry The Leprechaun Strandie by bleedingfingers

• 28. Gemello-Yellow by DRayK

Votes: 20 8.7%
  • 29. Green Irish by rickpaulos

• 30. H.R.T. by KJV

Votes: 16 6.9%
  • 31. Holeshot What... Me Worry? - Trek CNC Rail Checkered Chopper by kingfish254

Votes: 46 19.9%
  • 32. Insert Witty Title Here by PorkchopSanwich

• 33. J. C. Special by MONARKofSoCal

Votes: 77 33.3%
  • 34. King RayKing by Alan Griffin

• 35. Lucky 13 by Scribble

• 36. Meet the SlankSpeed, a neoretro spacecowboy style klunker mtb by O’Curren Metal Farm

• 37. Model 78. by HuffnPuff

• 38. NIMH-ROD by brokentail5863

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • 39. Old Money Boy by Todd Stone

Votes: 8 3.5%
  • 40. One To Five 1967 Sears Spyder 5-speed by CRASH

Votes: 15 6.5%
  • 41. Pastiche by SSG

Votes: 25 10.8%
  • 42. Proyalty01 by Christopher Mullen

• 43. Q U O I S E by The Renaissance Man

Votes: 91 39.4%
  • 44. Rad Alert! by SoulGarageOH

• 45. Rat Tracker by Rat Track

Votes: 41 17.7%
  • 46. Ratillac by Falstaff

Votes: 37 16.0%
  • 47. RATLINER by karfer67

Votes: 57 24.7%
  • 48. RAW DEAL by Rat Rod

• 49. Rincon Brewery Factory Team Edition by thebigorangecat

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • 50. Rocketman aka Skyhawk by CannonCam

• 51. Roll change by Brian macumber

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • 52. ROYALE by Donniebikes55

Votes: 46 19.9%
  • 53. Rusty by bub

Votes: 8 3.5%
  • 54. SIMPATICO by Funkme

Votes: 61 26.4%
  • 55. Skylark by G-Matt

Votes: 65 28.1%
  • 56. Slammed Rat by OneHorsePower

Votes: 33 14.3%
  • 57. STYLISH TRASH by Reallybigtim

Votes: 22 9.5%
  • 58. Symbiot E-Bike by Nepali

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • 59. The EggBeater by SwissGuy

• 60. The Grey Goose by mongo5959

• 61. The Moonlight by Starnger

• 62. THICK as a BRICK by Toeslider

Votes: 20 8.7%
  • 63. Timeliner by idiotboy

Votes: 23 10.0%
  • 64. Tycoon: 1962 Schwinn Typhoon 27.5er Conversion by gowjobs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What I’m looking for is a gallery and voting booth containing the top 5 finishers in each of the 13 build offs. So a 65 bike list where people vote one which if the 65 bikes was the best ever built up to this point.

One builder could theoretically have a bike in there 13 times. But it’s about what the members believe is the best bike ever. So for example RM has 3 titles under his belt, but how would people rank his builds against each other as well as other winners and or top 5 finishers.

The builder would be irrevelvant in this vote. Best bike of all time (of all he build offs). I think it would just be cool to see based on people’s preferences and personal tastes which bikes would make the top 10

Cool concept, but definitely a lot of work for someone.

What I’m looking for is a gallery and voting booth containing the top 5 finishers in each of the 13 build offs. So a 65 bike list where people vote one which if the 65 bikes was the best ever built up to this point.

One builder could theoretically have a bike in there 13 times. But it’s about what the members believe is the best bike ever. So for example RM has 3 titles under his belt, but how would people rank his builds against each other as well as other winners and or top 5 finishers.

The builder would be irrevelvant in this vote. Best bike of all time (of all he build offs). I think it would just be cool to see based on people’s preferences and personal tastes which bikes would make the top 10

There would be more than 65 because of build off 2 and build off 8.

Strangely, the poll for BO2 seems to be still open. It has ‘Cast Your Vote’ and ‘View Results’ buttons visible at the bottom. I didn’t touch the ‘Cast Your Vote’ one but clicked the ‘View Results’ button to see the results and going by those results, there is a tie for 3rd place and a three-way tie for 5th place giving a total of 7 ‘leaders’.

BO8 had 2 classes, ‘Traditional’ and ‘Anything Goes’, so 5 leaders from each would be 10.

But yes, doing it the way you suggest for ‘bikes only’ would simply be a matter of listing the bike photos with a number for each image and members vote for the one they like.

I think there’s a limit though on how many images can be placed in a single post, so the images would have to be placed over a few posts. And I’m not sure if us mere mortals have the privileges to create a poll with so many entries, or if only moderators can do that?

It would be good to do but I’ve already found a problem. After going through the ‘finished’ threads for the top five in build off 3, I can’t find any images of the 5th place bike. So the main problem would be finding images if the link to the image happens to be broken.

As @kingfish254 says, a lot of work.

So... just for fun I did one. :)

What I did was go back over all the build offs and list the top ten for each. I started with the latest and worked back to build off 1. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find the top ten for build off 1, only the top 5.

With the list compiled, I awarded points for each placing… 10 points for 1st down to 1 point for 10th place.

Some members have been in the top ten numerous times so I added their points up and decided that members scoring 10 or more would be inducted into the (unofficial) ‘Rat Rod Bikes Build Off Hall of Fame’.

Here they are...

View attachment 83036

Column A is the builder and column B is the total of points scored from their placings over the last 13 build offs.

There now... wasn't that fun :happy:

Glen.

PS: That was just the main build offs. It doesn't include the other ones.
Hey @Glen , how long is the list? Can't see the whole thing in the photo...

Hey @Glen , how long is the list? Can't see the whole thing in the photo...

The screenshot only shows the members who scored 10 points or more. The list has 105 members on it. So that's 105 people that have placed in the top ten over all the main build offs.

The list has 105 members on it. So that's 105 people that have placed in the top ten over all the main build offs.
That's a more interesting stat to me. Pretty cool that over 100 people have been in the top ten throughout all of the build-offs.

Now I wonder how many people in total have finished in all of the build-offs combined. Kind of like baseball stats, there are endless ways to analyze these poles.:nerd:

That's a more interesting stat to me. Pretty cool that over 100 people have been in the top ten throughout all of the build-offs.

Now I wonder how many people in total have finished in all of the build-offs combined. Kind of like baseball stats, there are endless ways to analyze these poles.:nerd:

BO_Finishers.jpg

:nerd:

It would be awesome if BO14 puts us over 1000 completed Build Off bikes!!!!
I think the completion rate has historically been around 55% so that would indicate that there have been close to 1700 build off builds attempted.

Last edited:
You could have a 2-4 part voting,eg: if there are over 200 bikes in the top 10 for all build offs(mmb and wbo included).
Place 50 bikes or so in each section.
People vote for 1 bike only in each section.
You could then take the top5-10 and place in another voting poll.
And again people get 1 vote.
Then you would get the top 10 all time RAT ROD BIKES Builds...

If we were putting together an 'RRB BO Hall of Fame'...maybe initially populate it with all the #1 finishers of the completed BOs. Then, periodically (weekly, monthly, quarterly?) compile a poll of the next-ups (the highest finisher in each build off not currently in the HoF)...and then vote one of them in. To keep it special, I would think quarterly. That would be 2-4 auto inductees (depending on how many BOs a year, or if whether all BOs feed in to the HoF) and then 4 voted in yearly...6-8 new inductees yearly.

I think Glen captured the method for Builder rankings...except maybe spread it out some. As Kingfish mentioned, TRM's three firsts is pretty monumental. maybe 1st=20pts, 2nd=12pts, 3rd=8pts...and then 4-10 step down 1 each place from there (10th=1pt). Maybe that's too radical...but some kind of exponential gain for the top 3 or 5 places.

Jason

I think we should do it Celebrity Deathmatch style and throw two builds in the ring together head to head each quarter :D

But that might give me an unfair advantage since Mills Lane is from Savannah. :cool2::rofl:

Celebrity_Deathmatch_6888.jpg

LET'S GET IT ON!!!!

giphy-downsized.gif

Last edited:
If we were putting together an 'RRB BO Hall of Fame'...maybe initially populate it with all the #1 finishers of the completed BOs. Then, periodically (weekly, monthly, quarterly?) compile a poll of the next-ups (the highest finisher in each build off not currently in the HoF)...and then vote one of them in. To keep it special, I would think quarterly. That would be 2-4 auto inductees (depending on how many BOs a year, or if whether all BOs feed in to the HoF) and then 4 voted in yearly...6-8 new inductees yearly.

Jason

That's a good way of doing a Hall of Fame I reckon.

This would be the list of initial inductees:

First place getters from Build Offs 1 to 13 (number of wins in [])

Raised by Robots [1]
karfer67 [2]
MonsterMetal [1]
bighit [1]
petrohead [1]
fordsnake [2]
LukeTheJoker [1]
The Renaissance Man [3]
kingfish254 [1]
bikewhorder [1]

I've gone ahead and compiled a list of 'top fives' in all the 13 Build Offs in anticipation of doing some kind of poll, so perhaps, if this Hall of Fame thing goes ahead, that list can be used. It was a fair bit of work so would be silly for someone else to have to repeat what I've done.

Glen.

That's a good way of doing a Hall of Fame I reckon.

This would be the list of initial inductees:

First place getters from Build Offs 1 to 13 (number of wins in [])

Raised by Robots [1]
karfer67 [2]
MonsterMetal [1]
bighit [1]
petrohead [1]
fordsnake [2]
LukeTheJoker [1]
The Renaissance Man [3]
kingfish254 [1]
bikewhorder [1]

I've gone ahead and compiled a list of 'top fives' in all the 13 Build Offs in anticipation of doing some kind of poll, so perhaps, if this Hall of Fame thing goes ahead, that list can be used. It was a fair bit of work so would be silly for someone else to have to repeat what I've done.

Glen.
Maybe I am a bit slow and bad with math.
We have had 13 buil-offs with 14 ist places? Did 2 come in first on one of the build-offs:39:(scratching my head emoji)

Maybe I am a bit slow and bad with math.
We have had 13 buil-offs with 14 ist places? Did 2 come in first on one of the build-offs:39:(scratching my head emoji)
BO8 had 2 categories, that's why. [emoji6]

Gesendet von meinem K00E mit Tapatalk

On a sidebar...
This section of thread should have it's own forum before this Build Off gets archived too.
Under Bike Talk? or Competitions?

Carl.

Latest posts

Back