RRBBO13 ○〇◯ Holeshot ◯〇○ What... Me Worry? FINISHED Trek CNC Rail Checkered Chopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Earlier this week @OddJob told me that the "checker" was in the mail. So today I checkered the mail box and sure enough I was able to cash in on some cool attire to match Holeshot! Thanks brother!!!

socks.jpg

Seems the whole world is on track with KF's build this summer.....
Today's Google image is Lyudmila 'Rat Rud'-enko.
World chess champion from 1950-53.

Is that really a chess board she is holding...I THINK NOT! It's another doo-dah-checker-dad for holeshot!

checkerboard.jpeg

Found this cool image on the web

4553844.jpg

UPDATE EDIT - FAILED EXPERIMENT! - Scrapping the headbadge for this build.

Tedious work of painting layers of clear or other colors on seat and small parts.

I did paint the Clay Smith Cams Mr Horsepower headbadge with the red Metalcast. Most of this will be scraped off and other paint added by hand.

20180729_122610.jpg
20180729_103353.jpg

Using this as a reference

horsepower2.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like I'll be scratching the painted headbadge idea. I lack the steady hand for this level of fine line detail painting. It would have been a cool detail, but no big loss since the springers and triple tree block most of the headbadge area anyway.

Let’s get cooking time is ticking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waiting for seat clear coats to dry. Exciting stuff. :21:

Not much left to do on this build.

What is that called. I can guess how it works. I even tried using a toothpick as a fine paint tip :D

It's called a flow pen or flow pencil. The one pictured is basic but they can get pretty fancy, too. The ones made by Paasche are a lot like an unpowered airbrush. They're simply gravity-fed when the nib gets depressed.

While waiting on paint to dry, I finally found the 3G Chopper Maltese pedals that I got from @gigmata a while back.

20180729_154755.jpg

These are gonna be cool with the curving checkerboard treatment. Got them taped off and a satin white base coat. I'll follow with a couple of coats of Pearl Mist, and then I can layout the curving checkerboards.

20180729_162628.jpg
20180729_163052.jpg

Like the pedal idea. I perused the parameters of our wholesalers 17 pages with 25 pedals to a page today at the shop. Didn't see anything as cool as these ^ will be.

The Pearl Mist is dry on the pedals. Time to play some checkers.

20180730_173334.jpg

Latest posts

Back