RRBBO13 13 Dayzz.. calling it done

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
buildoff 13 and 13 days left so...….
using my one chance to switch bikes as no way Bare Bomber was going to get done so had that build moved into the regular build section.
I dug thru what little stash I have left and was going to build up another colson frame like I used on Bare Bonnie(ville) but wanted something different. I actually bought this chrome flightliner frame just for the rat trap fork but more I dug for parts more it will come together with lots of chrome.
DSCN1246.JPG

don't remember where I got these like the ends though
DSCN1248.JPG

Schwinn exerciser sprocket misc. maybe the nanner
DSCN1247.JPG

8 speed nexus nabbed the skinny front off a unfinished project
DSCN1250.JPG

BRAVO MAN! Glad to see you pick up another build to still be part of BO13

rough mockup things just sitting on. I need to try a smaller sprocket my eye gets drawn to that and takes away from the lines like the bars following the top of frame ect.?? opinions welcomed..
DSCN1253.JPG

DSCN1252.JPG

grabbed some tinfoil to get a idea what a silver seat may look like I have a nice old blue metallic one but think I can find it.. nope
DSCN1254.JPG

But I also have these so maybe a red seat is in order.
DSCN1255.JPG

then another custom handlebar stem, maybe also a tank?

I don't see the jumbo ring as a distraction. The low sweep of the bars and the slammed seat give me a salt flats speed vibe, so the mega ring would be fitting if you go that route. I like the look of that mix of parts so far. The grips are perfect for a space age speedster too.

Looks cool right out of the gate!

I had to do the same thing and do a quick build last year. It's actually kinda fun to have to work so fast. Glad you're back in!

... Speaking of which, now you brought it up, was TRM's motorized 'Project Chris' ever resumed after its sojourn on the back burner...?

I like the idea of a solid chainring on it, maybe find a smaller one, less distracting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

have a smaller solid one on the way to see what it looks like.

What kind of grips are those really cool looking.

had them for years just called rocket grips I guess don't know if anyone repops them?

I like the idea of a solid chainring on it, maybe find a smaller one, less distracting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It'll look different with a chain on it, big or small.

You say you've got a red saddle?
I like the big sprocket, maybe flip the rockers to push that front wheel forwards... red saddle, nice bent seat post, those rocket grips... 8 speed huh? Cool.

Carl.

I like the chain ring and the bars,what about a different seat style? Just a thought.

You say you've got a red saddle?
I like the big sprocket, maybe flip the rockers to push that front wheel forwards... red saddle, nice bent seat post, those rocket grips... 8 speed huh? Cool.

Carl.

I have a red saddle on the way see if I like it 20 bucks shipped off e*rap flipping the front rockers I like the look but also like the front fender way the fork is now, flipping creates a whole new set of issues if I want to run the front fender with a 29" front it's tight already

I like the chain ring and the bars,what about a different seat style? Just a thought.

Chain ring is staying, have tried multiple seat styles that I have on hand which is not much though but keep going back to the nanner trying to do this build with mostly what I have on hand and trying not to spend much on it.

grabbed some plumbing supplies this morning see if they will work for what I have in mind :39:
DSCN1260.JPG

I'm glad that I'm not the only person that goes looking for parts by roaming the aisles of Home Depot, Lowes, Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Bed Bath and Beyond,,,,,,,,,,,

So would this be called a 9 bar now? I need to file off the chrome where I need to solder them in yet but wanted something different on this frame reminded me to much of a Schwinn frame. I was going to pound out a tank cut some stainless out for one side then it really looked like a Schwinn :21:
so got it plumbed.
DSCN1265.JPG

DSCN1264.JPG

DSCN1263.JPG

Latest posts

Back