RRBBO13 Aztec Jaguar / 13th Mental Breakdown

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This might be my new favorite or your builds.

What do you think about painting the front rim black?
Thanks! Wait till you see it in person. It's got a lot of character, half rat half ???

The only problem with that is it would make the front tire look bigger because it is a tall profile rim. I'm okay with them different.

Carl.

Last edited:
This is funny. My groceries bike has a cantilever frame, layback seat post, 28" fork with 26" wheels and the front rim is also a TALL PROFILE RIM!

I always felt for this particular frame lines the way to go is higher in the front, not lower.
Ah I also cut mine behind the BB and added a couple inches of tube effectively tweaking the stance a bit. I'd also wager my fork is bigger than a 28" I'm right there with ya on the taller ride though, if like me, your knees don't like to over bend, sitting higher and farther back helps a lot. [emoji450]

Carl.

Now for something completely different. A static display at Cedar Point
f06f612e4038b8fe690567359bb8b1fe.jpg
Where I'm riding roller coasters all day. Instead if working on my bike. [emoji88]

Carl.

Yesterdays list of coasters I rode... Steel Vengeance, Raptor, Millennium Force, Gate Keeper, Top Thrill, Valravens, Maverick, Rougarou, Magnum XL, Wicked Twister, Gemini, and Corkscrew. Today I'm stopping by Memory Lane Classics on the way home...

Carl.

Yesterdays list of coasters I rode... Steel Vengeance, Raptor, Millennium Force, Gate Keeper, Top Thrill, Valravens, Maverick, Rougarou, Magnum XL, Wicked Twister, Gemini, and Corkscrew. Today I'm stopping by Memory Lane Classics on the way home...

Sadly, MLC is closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I figured that out...lol
Too bad, and too bad the internet doesn't update that bit of information...

Carl.

Last edited:
You know, I wasn't sure how I would like this one. But turns out, I like it alot. Cooler than dangit nominee for sure.
Thanks man. I've got a bit of detailing to do yet. I'm trying to assemble a "load" for the rear rack, semi permanent, some disguised storage and maybe some old rolled up maps. Archeologist looking stash, that kind of thing. I'm so happy with the way it feels riding it. Schwinn middleweights are pretty bulletproof, but there's been some changes, most notably the rear wheel. That fatter rim and three speed coaster work well together. The mini stretch and long fork sit you up in the air and it rides like a bigger bike than it is. It's a highboy for sure, rather than a dragster. (which is my default build) I'm just happy with cooler than what I started with!

Carl.

Last edited:
Gratuitous flipped bars and lowered seat shots... I couldn't ride this, and the turn radius is now about 27 feet.
78809fa2c7bfdb4696cc3b04f1d78d29.jpg
a4bed619bd4f69e92edbfcc09e099e41.jpg
c423dae118a913b45129c97c38e70fe0.jpg
but I did get a fender on the back with no rubbage.

Carl.

Sent from my banana phone using Tapatalk

That’s a good-lookin’ bike. I think it’s my fav GC build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My favorite of GuitarlCarl's builds is definitely the one with the guitar and amp, but this must be number 2. I like the stance with that fork, I like the color, I like the chrom... I like the handlebars, they make me think of Tyranny & Mutation which was also a beautiful bike.

My favorite of GuitarlCarl's builds is definitely the one with the guitar and amp, but this must be number 2. I like the stance with that fork, I like the color, I like the chrom... I like the handlebars, they make me think of Tyranny & Mutation which was also a beautiful bike.

They should, that's when I fabbed them up. Sold that frame, it was too small for me, but I kept my handlebars for a future build.
Fender looks good.

High seat and high bars actually look better on this build!
I love you man! No one ever says that, even though it's often the case. I've seen bikes with the flipped bars that look ridiculous, but many folks seem to love that look so, there ya go. For me it's an uncomfortable position to actually ride my bike in. That makes the choice a no brainer, I like to ride my builds.

Carl.

Latest posts

Back