RRBBO13 The Giant Killer - Tapping Out :(

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What time is the ride Sunday?
I cant get up there till about 1:30
It's a square taper...

Carl.

Meet at 10:00, ride at 11:00 I believe. We're in the same boat, think we'll be booting it to make it in time.
Saturday rides are much easier. :wink1:
GC said he thought it was The Ballooners... so yeah they do Sundays... oh well.

Quit Stalin! :D

You asked for it
53bb14a6b08daea3639d5a4d66e9e21a.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Baby steps.

Attacked the frame with a wire wheel (therapeutic!), but only got so far as I live in an apartment block and don't feel comfortable operating power tools past a certain hour.

Also, my 50 year old Sears drill was starting to get too hot to hold.
20180720_121301.jpg

Couldn't help but do a mini mockup
20180720_121322.jpg

Got my wheels back from @SlyRed
20180720_121142.jpg

Remove the rubber cap
20180720_121206.jpg

Say the magic word aaaand...

Brakes!
20180720_121112.jpg

20180720_121041.jpg

The other thing I'm struggling with is, I picked this up on the weekend and all it really needs is a little wrenching and a lot of cleaning and it'll be awesome. It already rides like a dream and it hasn't been touched in at least 20 years.
20180720_121406.jpg

So it's really hard to keep my focus on the BO bike, while this is sitting there asking to be cleaned
20180720_121431.jpg

I like the wheel, I recently picked up a Peugeot similar to yours and now I don't kno wht to do with it ?

20180702_103721.jpg

Looks like we have another bare frame on the horizon! That's going to work.

I like the wheel, I recently picked up a Peugeot similar to yours and now I don't kno wht to do with it ?

View attachment 80361

My plan is to clean it up and ride it all over the city. What else would you do with a bicycle?

Looks like we have another bare frame on the horizon! That's going to work.
Hoping to mirror polish it, but that might be a post build off activity.

My plan is to clean it up and ride it all over the city. What else would you do with a bicycle?

Hoping to mirror polish it, but that might be a post build off activity.

For a quick polish and shine, check out my videologue on my thread. Get it all done in about 30 mins .

For a quick polish and shine, check out my videologue on my thread. Get it all done in about 30 mins .
If you're gonna post clickbait in my thread you have to word it right, like this:

"You'll never guess this this one weird ingredient
to polish your frame in under 30 minutes!"

Watch the video >>

jk, thanks for the tip :grin:

If you're gonna post clickbait in my thread you have to word it right, like this:

"You'll never guess this this one weird ingredient
to polish your frame in under 30 minutes!"

Watch the video >>

jk, thanks for the tip :grin:
Hahaha! 'Clickbait' is too hip of a term for this sexagenarian! :21:

But I like your style, really do. Funny stuff!

Many people hate roller brakes, but I think they are a very good option for the rear when one does not have frame bosses or disk mount, but does not want a coaster brake.
I know they're not particularly popular, but they generally have the same stopping power as a coaster, depending on the size of the shoes. Plus you don't lose rear braking if your chain comes off.

In this case I would have sooner gone with v-brakes or cantilevers , but a long list of engineering problems directed me towards drum brakes front and back. They also have that 70s chopper look I'm going for!

Small suggestion... Adjust your forks to where the chain stays are horizontal. I'll bet some of the "flip over feel" will be gone. Also negating the stretch plates...

Carl. :cool2:

Latest posts

Back