RRBBO13 Five Points

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I definitely like the last fenders shown. The curved braces always look cool in my opinion.

index.php

As for the chain rings, you also have a choice of size to consider. The lazy hearts is the smallest and would be easiest to pedal. Any one of them would look good though.

That second set of fenders in the last photo look sweet! Got my vote.
I definitely like the last fenders shown. The curved braces always look cool in my opinion.
I agree. I had kinda passed by them earlier on in pulling parts because one of the braces isnt connected to the fender, but I can repair that. The peak, and curved braces just add so much appeal. The rear hole for the seat stay doesn't line up, but I can make a new one, and I think the rear rack will kind of hide the existing hole. Also, The inside of the fenders is house painted red. Not too noticeable, but kinda cool considering the bike was once painted red and mostly stripped. Kinda makes it look like it was done all together decades ago.

Hard to go wrong with a Monark paisley, but I like that lazy heart (i think that is one of the names for it). However I always thought they would look better sweeping back rather that frontwards.
Lazy heart! One of my favourites
As for the chain rings, you also have a choice of size to consider. The lazy hearts is the smallest and would be easiest to pedal. Any one of them would look good though.
The lazy heart was the reason I dug out the box with all my prewar stuff. Its a personal fav as well. And yes, it being a 22 tooth vs. 24 on the others, it will make the ride a lil easier. Plus, I've already got a skip tooth chain for it in the right length, so I can avoid cutting one of my others.

I just happy to finally be getting this project off the ground. I purchased bits for this over 2 years ago, and the bike just kept getting pushed farther back in the shed. Kinda works though because over those years a few choice parts fell in my lap.

The more I look at it, the more I want cross braced bars. I think I will make my own.

Does anyone know when wald would have introduced their longhorn bars (898's)? I really like those bars and I have a few hanging around.

Was thinking about tires today. The best vintage set I have are mismatched, one white wall one black. Using them would keep the build era appropriate and give it that ‘as found’ look I’m going for. But I also have several sets of pretty cool tires on hand. Brown, cream, modern white walls, Schwinn typhoon cords, gran tycoons..
Trying to decide on the era/ as found vs. modern rubber.

CD3F5F09-7D2B-4910-8800-A9E18520FF4B.jpeg

I do like the Browns n creams.

Maybe vintage rubber for the build off, then brown when those fail on me:bigsmile:

Was thinking about tires today.
Trying to decide on the era/ as found vs. modern rubber.

Maybe vintage rubber for the build off, then brown when those fail on me:bigsmile:
I’ve been contemplating the same thing, I put mismatched crusty old tires on mine cuz I’m going for that look also, but I think once the build off is over and I start riding the bike it will get new tires

Love using vintage tubes :thumbsup:

I love the red underpaint. I had that on my @yeshoney triple ducktail fenders.

Got the skippy chain, torrington pedals, and persons seat I wanna use on so I could take a test ride. Smooth n silent.
161D00EB-8F7C-437B-87E3-16FAEC1C6AB1.jpeg

I think I am going to forgo the previously pictured monarch rack. It’s too colorful for the bare metal fender set up.
Just gotta retro-fit the chainguard and I think she’s done

Looking sharp!
I agree about dropping the cheese grater rack. Those are super cool, but they can also draw too much attention to themselves which may take away from the overall build itself.

Beautiful ride!
Get them pics posted quick!
CONGRATS!

Latest posts

Back