RRBBO13 Fisher CR-7 ...OddJob Award Creation vid pg 9 !

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Inspiring day at Back to the '50s in MN State Fairgrounds. And these are just some of the rat rods. Rat-isfaction guaranteed!
20180623_133935.jpg
20180623_101341.jpg
20180623_102521.jpg
20180623_135144.jpg
20180623_160518.jpg

Attachments

• 20180623_103526.jpg
    20180623_103526.jpg
    580 KB · Views: 214
Really cool rats![emoji106] makes me wanna find a car show.

There were around 15,000 cars. I believe it's the largest street rod show in the country, probably North America. Runs 3 days. So many cool cars!

Man, was your original CR-7 a 20" model? It looks so much smaller.

Hahaha! Different rock, Flintstone. But, that park where the first photo was shot is only about 10 miles from our current house. I am planning a visit back to take a pic at that same rock. Unless 'they' moved it. :21:

A few days of R and R (and I don't mean Rat Rodding ;) ) in the beautiful north woods of Wisconsin.

Next step on the CR-7 build is a ride vid on my local mtb trail right down the street, Carver Lake Park. Hoping for good weather end of next week or early in the following week. Then this chapter in the OddJob book of RRB Build-Offs will close.

Until then, happy Independence Day to those that celebrate it.

As the song goes, "I've got a peaceful, easy, feeling..."
IMG_20180628_203031_600.jpg

'Rock'star photo. My original CR-7 on the right, and RRB Build Off #13 build on the left.

View attachment 78670
A few days of R and R (and I don't mean Rat Rodding ;) ) in the beautiful north woods of Wisconsin.

Next step on the CR-7 build is a ride vid on my local mtb trail right down the street, Carver Lake Park. Hoping for good weather end of next week or early in the following week. Then this chapter in the OddJob book of RRB Build-Offs will close.

Until then, happy Independence Day to those that celebrate it.

As the song goes, "I've got a peaceful, easy, feeling..."
View attachment 78867
We are on similar paths.
Trying finish my build before leaving for Wisconsin on the 14th.

Like a kid in a candy shop.

You, Grinning ear to ear in that first pic. See kewl purple blur in there too.

Looks like a great time![emoji106][emoji106]

It's a grin only a mtb on a dirt trail can induce! :grin:

What's cool is that using our built in shock absorbers (knees and elbows) I managed to keep my upper torso 'blur free' in the photo while bumping down that chatter trail.

The thing that got my attention after riding a 'wagon wheeled' 29er and fat bike the past 10 yrs is the rapid acceleration of the small 26" wheels. I know the hard tail frame had something to do with it as well, but on quick ups and flats those wheels got spinning so quickly I was able to stay with Ron on his fully suspended 27.5" wheeled carbon Felt.

Of course, I wasn't going to let a guy 12 yrs younger than me on a 4k bike get the best of me either! :D

36596126_2466793673346777_5668100200598601728_n.jpg

The thing that got my attention after riding a 'wagon wheeled' 29er and fat bike the past 10 yrs is the rapid acceleration of the small 26" wheels. I know the hard tail frame had something to do with it as well, but on quick ups and flats those wheels got spinning so quickly I was able to stay with Ron on his fully suspended 27.5" wheeled carbon Felt.

That's why I ended up with a 27.5" dually. Coming from a lightweight 26" I didn't like the slower acceleration of the biggest wheels. I test rode a 2018 Stumpjumper 27.5 back to back with a 29 and was sold. Rolling over stuff is one thing, but quicker acceleration and increased agility meant more fun for me.

This is short, but it sums it all up in about 15 secs.
The Fisher CR-7 restoration resulted in a retro ride that rocks!!

I had it out on Tuesday night at Carver Lake Park, my local trail that is only about a mile or so from my house. My buddy Ron took some pics and this short video, and then we spent the next hour riding the trail.

Sheer joy! I'm very pleased with how the bike performed and wearing the colors of the vintage Gary Fisher jersey definitely added to the old school flavor of the ride.

Looking forward to more days on the trail with the Fisher CR-7!

It was getting late in the woods, so it's a little dark. That's the bluegrass band I play with providing the soundtrack. I'm on the fiddle.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back