RRBBO13 NIMH-Rod Finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This looked like too much fun to pass up on. I have a 65 Starliner with a Springer front end . Going to leave it the original chrome. Will be some red tires. Still figuring out the other parts.
fb94494dafe665e10467ec103f467bb4.jpg

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Welcome to RRB and BO13
Cool frame and build name

Sweet

Those tires and wheels look cool!

With the larger tires and a rat trap fork, make sure that the tire does not bottom out into the fork when the spring is fully compressed. Something as simple as riding off a curb could send you over the handle bars or to the dentist!

Those tires and wheels look cool!

With the larger tires and a rat trap fork, make sure that the tire does not bottom out into the fork when the spring is fully compressed. Something as simple as riding off a curb could send you over the handle bars or to the dentist!
Thanks for the heads up on the forks. I've never used that style before.

Everyone's thinking batteries, but when I saw the name, I thought about the National Institute of Mental Health, where the highly intelligent experimental rats came from in "The Secret of NIMH".

Everyone's thinking batteries, but when I saw the name, I thought about the National Institute of Mental Health, where the highly intelligent experimental rats came from in "The Secret of NIMH".
Winner winner chicken dinner. I also am hoping to put some lights on it.

Got the chain and the brakes on. Took it for a short test ride. Found my first problem. Front tire rubs on forks. I guess those old suspension forks are not ment for guys pushing 300 pounds. To fix it I swapped the drop outs side to side. More clearance now and a longer front end.
110cfdf5b8c07c804c16aba59d726590.jpg
21c25e6c27ba44fd424a43a54d83693e.jpg

Now to find a different stem. I like the looks of this one but no matter how tight I get it the bars move If I put much weight on them. I think I need a stem with more than one bolt.

Beautiful ! wow that has changed allot since first picture :13:

i like those red rims n tires , seen quick it almost look like big red tubes laced up :113:

Now to find a different stem. I like the looks of this one but no matter how tight I get it the bars move If I put much weight on them. I think I need a stem with more than one bolt.

or drill a hole and and hamer a pin in there :crazy:

Latest posts

Back